I really hope that this isn't true...

Of the many lenses through which one can get a view into someone else's life, one of the least flattering is divorce papers. I have the evil idea of going to the county courthouse, picking out the most piquant divorce papers and printing them in our newspapers, with the names blacked out.

Of the many lenses through which one can get a view into someone else's life, one of the least flattering is divorce papers. I have the evil idea of going to the county courthouse, picking out the most piquant divorce papers and printing them in our newspapers, with the names blacked out.

Does piquant mean succulent?

Does piquant mean succulent?

Not precisely. but ones containing oral sex will get pullquotes.

I hope it's not true, either. But I decided long ago to separate a public figure's talents from their personal life. For many years, I held Kirby Puckett up as a role model as a great athlete and person based upon his loyalty to his team and his community. Little did I know the sordid details of his personal life. After that incident, I try my best to remember that we only see a tiny fraction of a public persona's real self. If all of this is true, it's sad, but it doesn't change my appreciation for Murray's body of work.

"abuses alcohol and marijuana" :omg that is shocking!!

Not only that, he's addicted to marijuana. OMG he's a goner now - that stuff will KILL you.

I have been dead for six years now, but am TOO STONED to realize it!

I'm not surprised by some of this...I mean, I was never quite sure if Lost In Translation was a documentary or not ;)

But, the abuse thing sounds ridiculous.

I LOVE BILL.

I don't get why people are either surprised or dissapointed when celebrities turn out to be just a sucseptible to the bad things the rest of the population are.

Exactly...

LouieB

I don't get why people are either surprised or dissapointed when celebrities turn out to be just a sucseptible to the bad things the rest of the population are.

For the same reason you

Rightly or wrongly, TV, movies, celebrity rags and talk shows create an illusory environment in which viewers feel as though they sort of know the folks up there on the screen. This feeling is, of course, false