Dreamer in my Dreams appreciation thread

This song REALLY needs to work it's way back into regular rotation. I'm on a huge Being There kick right now (I'm sure you can relate) and DIMD just rocks my face off.

Discuss, argue, agree, disagree, flame dance, drink, do what you do. But do it well.

I think it sounds like Rod Stewart. Sometimes that is good, sometimes it is cum belly stomach pump.

I agree. While we are at it, I am tired of Shot in the Arm. They need to put a different song in that spot.

I know a guy who is a big fan of this song.

Me too. He's a really fine dude - I would consider him a friend, even. :cheers

Me too. He's a really fine dude - I would consider him a friend, even. :cheers

I requested this song at the Living Room Show 2 years ago and I have some friends who make fun of me for it because on the recording, I kind of stammer and stutter.

Jeff: Who's next? Chris?

Me: Uh.... Dreamerinmydreams?

I requested this song at the Living Room Show 2 years ago and I have some friends who make fun of me for it because on the recording, I kind of stammer and stutter.

Jeff: Who's next? Chris?

Me: Uh.... Dreamerinmydreams?

This, along with PKB, started the revolution which culminated in the Residency shows, IMHO.

> I agree. While we are at it, I am tired of Shot in the Arm. They need to put a different song in that spot.

When you wake feeling old!

they should end their shows with it like the ended the album version :thumbup

Guest Moses
Very loose; very raw.

well said.

although dreamer is certainly not my favorite song on being there, i've always felt that misunderstood and dreamer perfectly "bookend" being there. as is mildly eluded to in the article this thread is devoted to.

For some reason, until a few months ago I always listened to the first disc of Being There a lot more than I did the second disc. I've been listening to this song a lot lately, though. I agree that it has that same rollicking feel of Exile-era Stones, and I think it's a great close to the album. I bet it's a lot of fun live. I was disappointed that it got dropped from the set the last night in St. Louis. I think it would've been a terrific way to end this leg of the tour.

cum belly stomach pump.

I believe this was the working title of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot at one point.

I remember that Rod Stewart story circulating back in the day. It was around the same time as the Frank Zappa drinking a goblet of audience members spit, or was it puke, or urine? I can't remember anymore...

It's the closest thing to a punk song Wilco's ever done.

This would be true except for Kicking Television -- which is pretty punky. I guess you could argue that it's not on a "regular" release and therefore not eligible.