Dreamer in my Dreams appreciation thread

I agree. While we are at it, I am tired of Shot in the Arm. They need to put a different song in that spot.

Me too. Like a Nirvana cover?

> I agree. While we are at it, I am tired of Shot in the Arm. They need to put a different song in that spot.

When you wake feeling old!

they should end their shows with it like the ended the album version :thumbup

That song is the best. I love it.

Secretly, Dreamer In My Dreams is my favorite song in the Wilco catalog by about 15 miles. Well, Misunderstood and Sunken Treasure, I guess, but DIMD is my favorite song that they never play. I'd never heard a full-band live version of it and every time I've seen them play in the last decade+ I've secretly wished for them to bust this one out...and then I heard the recording of them closing the residency with this and....well, that was kind of a letdown, honestly. :(

Lotsa love for the album version, though. Coughing solo. :thumbup That is maybe the only moment in official Wilco recorded history where they rock out completely un-self-consciously. (or at least the last one)

I believe this was the working title of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot at one point.

I remember that Rod Stewart story circulating back in the day. It was around the same time as the Frank Zappa drinking a goblet of audience members spit, or was it puke, or urine? I can't remember anymore...

Any of the above is powerful stuff. There is definite power in messing with body fluids. We gathered 3 gallons of urine at our party a couple weeks ago, and boiled it over the fire. It was grrrrrrrrrooosssss. Ended up looking like antifreeze.

Any of the above is powerful stuff. There is definite power in messing with body fluids. We gathered 3 gallons of urine at our party a couple weeks ago, and boiled it over the fire. It was grrrrrrrrrooosssss. Ended up looking like antifreeze.

Were you a Boy Scout by chance?

That's a long time to be carrying something like that around. You should probably think about releasing on it.

Oh, no, it's not from back then, it's from the exposure of the exposure of boy scout leaders, what was that like 7 years ago. I can't look them w/o thinking,,, ewwww

Oh, no, it's not from back then, it's from the exposure of the exposure of boy scout leaders, what was that like 7 years ago. I can't look them w/o thinking,,, ewwww

You guys should all piss in a large pot and boil the hatchet...so to speak.

blasphemy

haha sorry to say..the other is candyfloss...i just don't like the way jeff sounds in either

it's on Summerteeth

i know i was thinking of being there when i wrote it cause dreamer in my dreams is on it..and it was my first post and idk how to change it

...and then I heard the recording of them closing the residency with this and....well, that was kind of a letdown, honestly. :(

I agree on that. I think it needed way more fiddle, especially since AB was there that night. It's such a fun ride on BT, and the live version just didn't seem to capture that. Maybe we just got spoiled with the live drone... but DIMD just wasn't quite the killer I was hoping for.

haha sorry to say..the other is candyfloss...i just don't like the way jeff sounds in either

i know i was thinking of being there when i wrote it cause dreamer in my dreams is on it..and it was my first post and idk how to change it

You should have an edit option on your posts, when reading through the thread it's in the bottom right corner of each of the posts you put on the board. Welcome to VC, by the way.

--Mike

It was the single song I was most looking forward to for the Residency, but I too felt that it was a bit flat. they played it pretty safe I thought. it could've really rocked out a lot more than it did. I guess learning and relearning so many songs subjected some of them to being pretty basic. Nonetheless I'd take it in the setlist rotation any day of the week. "Shot in the Arm is the most played Wilco song ever. It should be retired for a few years.

I have requested this for both the Charleston show and the Cary, NC show in August. Crossing my fingers!

I just got around to making my request for Cary, and DiMD was the only song I considered. It was a jewel at the Residency, though I agree with Greg it could have been taken up a notch. Here's hoping they'll treat us in Cary!

kevin