New Sigur Ros Album Streaming online!

When I read the Boston Globe this morning and saw that Sigur Ros was playing in Boston in September, I was thoroughly excited, so I went online to see if I could find any more info on the concert at Sigur Ros' official site. I didn't find any mention of the concert, but I did find that they decided to stream their new album on their official website this morning. I'm 7 songs in, and it just might be the best album of the year.

Here's a link: http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/band/disco/medsud-dot.php

Enjoy :thumbup

I'll get to it when I get home around 1...I was listening to the mp3 of Festival posted 'round yonder earlier and was not particularly impressed with the new direction. But I hope the whole album will change that.

I can never get enough of Agaetis byrjun though, so maybe that's my problem.

Just started streaming! Thanks for the heads up.

Solace did you catch them at the Orpheum a few years ago? It might be my favorite show of all time.

hmm... i think they've only ever played the State Theatre before?

maybe that last show of theirs in town was at the Orpheum though? wherever it was, i skipped it because i saw them the previous fall on the first tour for Takk and was highly highly disappointed (almost fell asleep numerous times, which isn't that uncommon for me at SR shows, but in those instances it's in a GOOD way).

i've seen them 3x, first time at the Woman's Club in 2001, which was amazing, at the State in '03, which was probably my favorite, and the Takk tour show at the State in '05 or whenever that i mentioned above.

i gotta admit, loving the shit out of this record... too early to make the call, but i could see this surpassing Agaetis as my 2nd favorite Sigur Ros album.

Track 2 is easily one of my favorite songs this year as well

:D

i gotta admit, loving the shit out of this record... too early to make the call, but i could see this surpassing Agaetis as my 2nd favorite Sigur Ros album.

Track 2 is easily one of my favorite songs this year as well

:D

I could definitely see this earning 2nd place.

Inn

how?

i love a lot of what they do, but their albums are sooooooo long.

i would like a 40 min Sigur Ros album.

this new one is 55 minutes, but goes by so damn fast i think

i also never really found ( ) to feel all that long either, since it's broken up into 2 specific halfs

this new one is 55 minutes, but goes by so damn fast i think

i also never really found ( ) to feel all that long either, since it's broken up into 2 specific halfs

i've always thought ( ) would be best if just tracks 1-5, and 8

doesn't everything they do in 6 and 7 pretty much happen in 5 and 8 anyway?

i just can never listen to all those long songs in a row. love the first half though.

I haven't been able to stay awake through the entirety of this new entry, but I can say it will take second place for me, at least from the part of it I was awake for (I mean this in a good way).

Long story short - I once started a thread in which I posted a link to an interview with the band - an interview in which they mentioned they had been approached by several corporations interested in using their music in an advertising campaign. They turned down all offers and stated they would never sell out.

Someone made a comment to the effect of,

jelous, they are coming to australia this year for splendour in the grass but only doing side shows down south nothing for queensland so dissappointed

jelous, they are coming to australia this year for splendour in the grass but only doing side shows down south nothing for queensland so dissappointed

I'm pleasantly confused at the two cities chosen for the summer tour in the states (aside from Bonnaroo and NYC), but feel lucky. I mean Omaha, Nebraska and Kansas City Missouri?

Here's the setlist from last night:

Svefn G Englar

Vaka

Se Lest

Vid Spilum

Hoppipolla/Med Blodnasir

Fljotavik

Sud i Eyrum

Olsen Olsen

Inni Mer Syngur

Heysatan

Gobbledigook

New stuff sounded amazing.

Abbreviated setlists in both Omaha (where all had to go into the basement of the venue) and KC due to tornadic weather.