at the Tower show they didnt do it, but every show i've been to prior they have.

how long has this been going on?

i remember a specific show i was at during the Kicking Television show in NJ, and they had the crowd say "how can i," and the whole band screamed, it was very funny.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Moses

i've been wondering about this as well. i don't think they've always done it. a recording i have of '03 show doesn't have it. i remember them doing it at the chicago auditorium theatre show around thanksgiving in '06 and i had no idea what was going on.

the wilco fanbase needs to get together and get this down, but the band is gonna need to start playing a lot more king pin. The woos in dmb's warehouse might be the coolest concert thing going on now wilco fans need something like that

I thought it was before that. I have a 99 show from england and Jeff rips apart the crowd for being, well...them.

Yes, it has been done atleast 15 times I have heard it.

I thought it was before that. I have a 99 show from england and Jeff rips apart the crowd for being, well...them.

Yes, it has been done atleast 15 times I have heard it.

Oh yeah, that's right. They did it on the Being There tour too, and then brought it back. In the fall of 2004. Jeff famously got into it with a few crowds particularly the British during some Kingpins.

--Mike

Jeff famously got into it with a few crowds particularly the British during some Kingpins.

--Mike

Jeff threatened a dude in the crowd ("I'll get you after the show" sic, or something similar). Also told the crowd it was the "worst tour of our lives," sic, and bemoaned Englanders as snotty, etc.

Good times.

Jeff threatened a dude in the crowd ("I'll get you after the show" sic, or something similar). Also told the crowd it was the "worst tour of our lives," sic, and bemoaned Englanders as snotty, etc.

Good times.

which british tour was this specifically?

the only time i've seen jeff get hostile with a member of the audience was during the kicking television tour, he pointed at him and made a comment about him going to hell right before singing hell is chrome. at the end he said thanks to everyone, and then said "except you" and pointed at him, which made me laugh.

which british tour was this specifically?

the only time i've seen jeff get hostile with a member of the audience was during the kicking television tour, he pointed at him and made a comment about him going to hell right before singing hell is chrome. at the end he said thanks to everyone, and then said "except you" and pointed at him, which made me laugh.

Read the Kot book.

i dont really want a wilco show to resemble a dave matthews show in any way whatsoever.

How is it that much different?

I mean, I don't know shit about the DMB, but that's what I was thinking - that there are certain songs where people who see them a lot know to recite a certain phrase at a certain point in a song. Just as there are people who do this at Wilco shows, and just as there are people who like to recite Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town when they hear it at Pearl Jam shows.

The Being There/Summerteeth-era is a pretty well documented rough time in the band. I can tell you if I had thousands of people staring at me for any reason even if I was playing on a stage, I'd be a little testy as well. I am not excusing it, but it can certainly be a mindfuck.

--Mike

I mean, I don't know shit about the DMB, but that's what I was thinking - that there are certain songs where people who see them a lot know to recite a certain phrase at a certain point in a song. Just as there are people who do this at Wilco shows, and just as there are people who like to recite Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town when they hear it at Pearl Jam shows.

ya its how their crowds have a thing to do for a song, its pretty cool to hear and be apart of live. I'm not saying that i want wilco to sound like dmb that would be stupid.

i'll try and repost that shepperds bush Kingpin soon. jeff's rant went on forever.

For some odd reason I've never heard this. I've heard all about it though.