Am i the last to know?

Just looking through the summerteeth booklet and noticed Jay Bennett played the drums on A Shot In The Arm! I never knew. Also on I'm Always In Love (although so did Ken Coomer) I feel like I'm not really a proper Wilco fan. :ohwell

You should read the book Learning How to Die...it talks about who plays what songs on what albums...its pretty interesting and you learn a bit about how the songs were created :)

i just recently learned that jay bennett isn't even in the band....when did that happen? :monkey

Yeah Jeff and Jay were BFFs back then and made a lot of that record without the rest of the band. Must have been nice being John and Ken and not being needed after bed tracks were finished :(

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Yeah Jeff and Jay were BFFs back then and made a lot of that record without the rest of the band. Must have been nice being John and Ken and not being needed after bed tracks were finished :(

Reading some of Bennett's quotes in Kot's book about that period of time was kind of ... err ... creepy.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
how so?

Without going into detail, as either Bennett or Tweedy puts at one point, the worse off Tweedy was emotionally, the better it was for Bennett. There's relating of a bad car trip which elaborates better than I could.