Glenn and Andrew Bird

:D I can't wait, let's hope he doesn't scrap this one.

If you like Wilco, M. Ward, that kind of "out there folk music" you'll like Andrew Bird... check out The Mysterious Production of Eggs and Armchair Apocrypha.

Why doesn't Wilco setup their own label? Not to make any money, but to just pay the bills and work with some cool folks.

This will be rad. Andrew Bird has a very layered, beautiful sound, playful and nonsensical lyrics, and is especially notable for his incorporation of violin and whistling. I've been lucky enough to see Bird 5 times, and it's been amazing every time. Dosh is a beast, but I'm anxious to hear what Glenn and Bird have created.

Why doesn't Wilco setup their own label? Not to make any money, but to just pay the bills and work with some cool folks.

I know John has his own label, Broadmoar, which puts out his records and some records by his friends & sister.

I've never seen him live but his recording of Scythian Empire is one of my all time favorite live performances, at the end when it sounds like an orchestra... gives me goosebumps every time. Though I think that was one of the songs recorded live in a barn, no audience.

I've never seen him live but his recording of Scythian Empire is one of my all time favorite live performances, at the end when it sounds like an orchestra... gives me goosebumps every time. Though I think that was one of the songs recorded live in a barn, no audience.

Yeah, he does so much looping and layering on that song. It's really amazing what he can do by himself up there, even if Dosh and the bassist aren't with him.

now i'm really going to have to hear this guy -- have never heard a thing he has done.

i love his first sentence: "I listened to my record recently and I'm concerned about how much I like it."

Behind the curve here, but did Nonesuch release the Kronos Quartet piece or is it being released on some other label or what?

LouieB

I don't think it (Glenn's piece Anomaly) has been released at all (to my knowledge). But I do know that Glenn and Kronos Quartet are performing it at the Ravinia Fest in Highland Park, IL on Sept 3, 2008. I wish I could go, but I'll be in door county. Here's a link to Kronos page and the details of the performance:

http://kronosquartet.org/concerts/indiv.ph...2009&id=393

I don't think it (Glenn's piece Anomaly) has been released at all (to my knowledge). But I do know that Glenn and Kronos Quartet are performing it at the Ravinia Fest in Highland Park, IL on Sept 3, 2008. I wish I could go, but I'll be in door county. Here's a link to Kronos page and the details of the performance:

http://kronosquartet.org/concerts/indiv.ph...2009&id=393

I do have a ticket, but I was just wondering if this was an actual release yet. I think this would be an appropriate release sooner than later.

LouieB