Now Playing: July, 2008

41UbZDBBC3L._SL500_AA240_.jpg5141XHQ14BL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Jam - Direction Reaction Creation (disc 1)

Shrimp Boat - Something Grand (disc 3)

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51HQKu+hNcL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Possibly my favorite Harry Nilsson record. Mind you, I love most of them up to Pussy Cats.

ALBUMCOVER_LOEWENSTEIN_LOEWENSTEIN_WEB_FREEBIES_VOL1.jpg

Jason from Sebadoh.

The 4-track on the cover looks like a smaller version of my Tascam 8-track.

8Track.jpg

The 4-track on the cover looks like a smaller version of my Tascam 8-track.

8Track.jpg

Always wanted one of those but I am too big of a newb when it comes to musical gear/tools. I looked at Tascam one time but I figured I couldn't figure out how to use it. :hmm

Always wanted one of those but I am too big of a newb when it comes to musical gear/tools. I looked at Tascam one time but I figured I couldn't figure out how to use it. :hmm

As a fairly lo-tech guy I can assure you that this is actually very intuitive and easy to use, especially when compared to the digital workstations everyone seems to be using these days. I can't do cut and pastes on it like you can in digital, but I kinda like that it forces you to do things in whole takes. Plus the analog sound is always nice :).

As a fairly lo-tech guy I can assure you that this is actually very intuitive and easy to use, especially when compared to the digital workstations everyone seems to be using these days. I can't do cut and pastes on it like you can in digital, but I kinda like that it forces you to do things in whole takes. Plus the analog sound is always nice :).

I may pick one up one day. I've always appreciated the lo-fi sound. I grew up with Sebadoh, GBV and Lou Barlow sound as a touchstone for my creative impulses, so I regard the lo-fi process highly. I got into the Mountain Goats a few months back and I am still digesting their catalog.

51VpjPk3SwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I listen to this album in unhealthy quantities, methinks.

Yeah. Especially at 3 in the morning. This is probably a top 20 album for me, and has been for a long time. :thumbup