New new election thread

Unfortunately this is the problem with politics/government today, this assumption is the rule rather than the exception. Politicians in general seem to think that as a whole the citizenry must be told what to do across the board because we are all to stupid to figure out anything for ourselves.

You can go back to discussing the merits of properly inflated tires and doggy style now.

I agree that it is the rule. Most of the population is stupid. You are more optimistic than I. It would be interesting to see how the population would react if treated with higher expectations from the governing body.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody told anyone what to do, and it's NOT AN ASSUMPTION. People don't inflate their tires properly, and doing something about it WILL save them gas, and therefore $$. It's a small part of the overall energy conversation that people have jumped on for some reason.

Michelinman-753287.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny. Just add a perv stache'.

Unfortunately this is the problem with politics/government today, this assumption is the rule rather than the exception. Politicians in general seem to think that as a whole the citizenry must be told what to do across the board because we are all to stupid to figure out anything for ourselves.

You can go back to discussing the merits of properly inflated tires and doggy style now.

Insofar as patronizing is concerned, what of Bush

What part of politics/government today do you not fucking understand?

I don't think I listed a party affiliation with regards to my post.

Oh I understand quite clearly, but the only time you seem to post in regards to these matters, is to point out the ridiculousness of some position Obama or a fellow democrat (or liberal) is taking.

I

Oh I understand quite clearly, but the only time you seem to post in regards to these matters, is to point out the ridiculousness of some position Obama or a fellow democrat (or liberal) is taking.

I

What part of politics/government today do you not fucking understand?

I don't think I listed a party affiliation with regards to my post.

Not in that exact post, however, most people understand that you are a Retardican.

I haven't voted for a Presidential cantidate in the past eight years.

Nice try.

Why not?

Not in that exact post, however, most people understand that you are a Retardican.

A+ material here.

it's quite refreshing to see a post without a buncho jibberish..one where people actually have something to say. Although all my (pro-liberal anti-conservative anti-bush/McCain..)thoughts, and those I wish had, are being expressed today by smart folks.

mc95ht.jpg

Neither party offered a candidate I felt like supporting, neither did any of the alternate parties.

I haven't voted for a Presidential cantidate in the past eight years.

Nice try.

Well that at least clears up one question, you are not a Siamese twin, wherein Jules is the other twin, and you

Well that at least clears up one question, you are not a Siamese twin, wherein Jules is the other twin, and you

So we're going to continue talking about putting air in our tires?

Man, Obama and McCain are getting really good at diverting attention.

Putting air in your tires and drilling in the gulf are not mutually exclusive options. At this point, if it's going to get as bad as they say, we need to be doing anything we can to decrease consumption and increase production.

Calm down, everybody. Keep this a more civilized discussion please. It's regressing to name-calling and personal attacks, and that won't fly.

well, it IS a thread about the presidential elections, after all. seems quite appropriate given how the campaigns have turned.

ugh... it's only august - only going to get worse from here on out.

Neither party offered a candidate I felt like supporting, neither did any of the alternate parties.

Daaamn. I think it will only get worse in future elections. The corporate political ties will prevent any legit contender. What are you looking for in a president?

Less oil consumption = less emissions = less global warming, is I think the point there.

A lot of right wingers moan about people taking personal responsibility rather than expecting the government to do things, so I think it's funny that when Obama asks people to take some responsibility by maintaining their cars, that's patronizing.

Do you think obama, when asking people to take more responsibility for themselves, will include getting some health insurance and/or going through the proper procedures for citizenship? I mean think of all the oil we would save then!

Now MrRain, that's not racist OR mindless is it?

Before you throw out a response that assumes you know me, please remember I'm kinda joking.

Guest Jules
Well that at least clears up one question, you are not a Siamese twin, wherein Jules is the other twin, and you're sort of connected so that his lips, Jules', are connected to your ass.

I actually think everything here was pretty civilized until this prick showed up again. What did I say here that warranted this crap?

Calm down, everybody. Keep this a more civilized discussion please. It's regressing to name-calling and personal attacks, and that won't fly.

Doesn't matter who started it, this should have ended it.

Future non-substantive, personal-attack style posts will be edited out. You've been warned.

Guest Jules
Doesn't matter who started it, this should have ended it.

Future non-substantive, personal-attack style posts will be edited out. You've been warned.

Fair enough. I've actually tried to more clearly argue my points the last couple days in light of previous "issues" brought up. I really don't know what it had to go there.