New new election thread

somehow i missed that part of the springsteen era. don't know what i was doing. but it probably wasn't good!

i completely forgot about the bicentennial. no doubt the flag made a big comeback for that. the only thing i remember about the bicentennial was the arrival of the tall ships in boston harbor. so exciting -- it's all i could think about before and after -- the ships themselves were so gorgeous and ethereal, and there were sailors from a bunch of different countries hanging off the ships and waving and yelling to us (i mean the many thousands of us), with us waving and yelling back. the ships filled up the sky. i was high for days. (without help, i believe, but i wouldn't sign any formal statement. ;) )

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I just sport one these:

support_magnetic_ribbons.jpg

A kid I knew made those and they said "Murder is Awesome!" He took the troop ones off of cars and replaced them with his version. Pretty great, if you ask me. Some might still be out and about in the great state of Iowa.

I saw a dirty, wet, tattered and abused U.S. flag lying in the middle of the NYS Thruway today.

Kim Il Sung Flag Works, Pyongyang, Peoples Democratic Republic of Korea.

John McCain Congress 26 Years ......... Military 22 years

Barrack Obama Congress 143 days ....... Military 0

Spawn and I push off this afternoon. Loading the car now and then going to head out to fill up. Any idea on how many psi I should inflate my tires to?

you could just forget about it and instead stop at the ocean, drill a little hole in its floor, and grab some oil for yourself. what has to be done with it from there, i have no idea.

John McCain Congress 26 Years ......... Military 22 years

Barrack Obama Congress 143 days ....... Military 0

wow, that's better than i thought! thanks. i'll take obama.

Are we seriously going to compare the national political experience of the two presumptive presidential nominees? If so, I'm sure JUDE would have voted for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004, had he voted for president.

Calm down.

Are we seriously going to compare the national political experience of the two presumptive presidential nominees? If so, I'm sure JUDE would have voted for Gore in 2000 and Kerry in 2004, had he voted for president.

excellent point.

I'm partial to the "How many Soldiers per Gallon does your Hummer get?" bumper sticker.

Oh, and I'm sweet on the Corporate Flag of America as well.

corporate_fascism.jpg

I don't see my company's logo on there.

I just heard that "The Great One" who is going to bring all this "change" to Washington has received more money from Exxon than McCain?! Surely not! Must be one of those pesky email slams.

You have a linky lew for reference? I would like to read it.

Guest Jules

I would have too, if they weren't such douchebags.