Jackson says something about Obama

Which is apparently too NASTY to be even hinted at on CNN. :hmm

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fox News Channel has it and will play it tonight, it is now being reported. It apparently has something to do with the removal of genitalia from the presumptive Democratic nominee.

From Drudge:

Rev. Statement: For any harm or hurt that this hot mic private conversation may have caused, I apologize. My support for Senator Obama_s campaign is wide, deep and unequivocal. I cherish this redemptive and historical moment.

_My appeal was for the moral content of his message to not only deal with the personal and moral responsibility of black males, but to deal with the collective moral responsibility of government and the public policy which would be a corrective action for the lack of good choices that often led to their irresponsibility.

_That was the context of my private conversation and it does not reflect any disparagement on my part for the historic event in which we are involved or my pride in Senator Barack Obama, who is leading it, whom I have supported by crisscrossing this nation in every level of media and audience from the beginning in absolute terms._

Ahh yes, the old "I didn't know the microphone was on" trick. Lame, Jesse, very lame. :ohwell

Poor old cranky Jesse. I suppose it is no less funny than the Father Pflegger gaff. Neither are very humorous upon some reflection although both do contain some truth.

LouieB

Can you explain why the FISA bill result upsets you so?

The immunity will only be granted if the business in question can show they had written orders from a government agency to do what they're being accused of doing (wiretapping, etc.).

Now, without resorting to hyperbole of comparing these to Nazi war crime defences used (I was only following orders), it seems to me that the real crooks are the officials that made the order, not the ones who carried it out?

Rather than post another long-winded rant, I

Neither are very humorous upon some reflection although both do contain some truth.

if my interpretation of the clip is correct, i vehmently disagree relative to jesse. i hardly finding asking individuals within the african-american community to take more accountability for their lives/the lives of their families, especially african-american males/fathers, 'talking down to black people'. that's the part that bothers me 100X more than the balls comment. compared to the divisive and, IMO, oft-coddling rhetoric of both jackson and sharpton...if anybody should check their balls, it's them. i've said it before, both are doing just as good of a job in keeping the black man down as any white man out there.

I think Jesse's irkedness is a parallel to the irkedness a lot of Hillary supporters felt - the "where the hell did this guy come from and who the hell does he think he is" syndrome.

I think Jesse's irkedness is a parallel to the irkedness a lot of Hillary supporters felt - the "where the hell did this guy come from and who the hell does he think he is" syndrome.

to be more specific, a guy coming from a fresh perspective that thinks members of his racial community don't need to be pandered to and held down so he can substantiate his presence in politics (AKA job security).

if my interpretation of the clip is correct, i vehmently disagree relative to jesse. i hardly finding asking individuals within the african-american community to take more accountability for their lives/the lives of their families, especially african-american males/fathers, 'talking down to black people'. that's the part that bothers me 100X more than the balls comment. compared to the divisive and, IMO, oft-coddling rhetoric of both jackson and sharpton...if anybody should check their balls, it's them. i've said it before, both are doing just as good of a job in keeping the black man down as any white man out there.
Well okay....so I guess you are saying that African Americans don't know what to do and how to run their lives and that they need Barak to tell them?? Actually most people in the black community DO know what needs to be done I think. The real issue here is that Jesse is pissed that Barak has taken over his role in telling the black community what it needs. If it isn't coming from him it is talking down to them. Both have the same message essentially, but I am sure Jesse feels his message is more authentic than Barak's.

There is no disagreement from me that it was a tacky comment (remember this is the Jesse Jackson who called NYC Hymietown, whatever that meant), but the conflict is between generations, not necessarily what either of these guys believes. You can bet your ass Jesse believes in faith-based initiatives (he is the Rev after all) and he has no problem lecturing black people about what they should do. He just resents hearing it from Barak who is basically stiffing him on a role in his campaign.

LouieB

Well okay....so I guess you are saying that African Americans don't know what to do and how to run their lives and that they need Barak to tell them??

no...that isn't really what i said at all. i agree that some, even most, do know what to do...but there are an equal amount that aren't listening. my point was that the way that barrack is addressing these issues and the way jackson/sharpton address these issues, are different.

So some folks I know have spitballed that this might be a bit of political theater. Any thoughts?

I'd love it if it were theater (brilliant!), but I have to think that anyone who wouldn't vote for Obama because of a perceived alliance with the Jacksons/Sharptons of the world is not someone that would vote for Obama either way.