Nels in Japan ...

From Watt's lengthy tour diary

friday, may 30, 2008 - madrid, spain

ok... to the present: my sister brings me to the lax airport wednesday at six bells. actually, this is my third time overseas this year even if it's the first w/the stooges cuz in february I did the brother's sisters daughter "japan tiny tour" and then starting on the ninth of this month I spent a week in tokyo to do sixty pieces of music for the spielgusher proj w/mister shimmy and ms yuko plus also a couple of gigs there. man, are they some beautiful people - I'm gonna bring nels to tokyo in december to make an album w/them cuz mister shimmy loves nels and so maybe I can try a little to repay their incredible kindness... plus I love nels too and he's never played that land before so I can do a little on repaying him for the righteous work he did the first week of april when him and bob lee (much respect to him also) helped me make a new black gang album, "my shubun no hi" which I'll finish w/the singing this fall (it's about fall so I thought that as only fitting). man, that makes me think - I've be recording so much lately, as much as I can cuz I've concluded songs are truly my aka-chans in this world. ok ok - sorry again for slipping off into tangent-land, here goes about this madrid gig w/the stooges...

• 4 months later...