2009 Winter Residency,,,any word?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hollinger.

why is it that everyone assumes that the band is going to do more shows like that? they've never said anything to even hint that they're planning on doing it again. any talk of it was 10000% speculation by people who are wishing out of their asses.

why is it that everyone assumes that the band is going to do more shows like that? they've never said anything to even hint that they're planning on doing it again. any talk of it was 10000% speculation by people who are wishing out of their asses.

:dontgetit i don't know but...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/extendedpl...ilco/index.html

-- More to come: After completing its encore Wednesday night, the crowd was only willing to budge after Tweedy reassured its fans that it would be staging a winter residency in Chicago in 2009. "We'll do this again next year," Tweedy pleaded. Earlier, Tweedy promised that the band would further explore its B-sides and non-album cuts next time around.

if "2nd residency" is held, i really would like to go to the shows from japan... :)

Heck, with the price of gas increasing their tour overhead costs, they ought do like Levon Helm and buy a barn out in the country somewhere and have fans come to them.

Heck, with the price of gas increasing their tour overhead costs, they ought do like Levon Helm and buy a barn out in the country somewhere and have fans come to them.

That'd be great if the barn were in central Iowa, otherwise they'd be increasing MY overhead costs!

Even thinking about the weather that week in Chicago here in 98 degree mid-summer brutality makes my toes feel like they're going to fall off! That truly was utterly and totally cold beyond comprehension.

Even thinking about the weather that week in Chicago here in 98 degree mid-summer brutality makes my toes feel like they're going to fall off! That truly was utterly and totally cold beyond comprehension.

I'm sorry you had to watch me rub my toes. In retrospect, I should have just poured coffee in my boots. I heard they're doing Death Valley in August next year, just to balance things.

:yay

I'm sorry you had to watch me rub my toes. In retrospect, I should have just poured coffee in my boots. I heard they're doing Death Valley in August next year, just to balance things.

:yay

Actually, sadly, Rick and I would still try to attend

How about just opening the loft once a week??

Hey this is still summer in Chicago (I promises to be 90 here today too) and the residency was in February. A bit early to be planning that far ahead. (Stock up on warm clothes and sleeping bags.

LouieB

Man was that fun, but I'm not talking about the shows, I'm talking about this and many other similar moments:

2275645276_e71468a4f9.jpg

Disclaimer: Just went through the threads again (:wub) and this is Sam's picture of Greg, Maudie, and Johnny.

Guest Cousin Tupelo

As one who trekked to Woodstock for a Midnight Ramble, if you have the opportunity to go -- gas prices be damned -- I strongly recommend it!

:worship

Man was that fun, but I'm not talking about the shows, I'm talking about this and many other similar moments:

2275645276_e71468a4f9.jpg

Disclaimer: Just went through the threads again (:wub) and this is Sam's picture of Greg, Maudie, and Johnny.

:blink WOW! That looks extremely cold but you can tell you guys were having a blast.

I'm going to be in Chicago in February, so I'm hoping for some Wilco or Wilco-related shows while I'm there, especially since my job will be paying for a good chunk of the trip :thumbup I've also got a birthday that ends in a 0 coming in March, and I'd definitely travel to see a Wilco show on my birthday.