2009 Winter Residency,,,any word?

Disclaimer: Just went through the threads again (:wub) and this is Sam's picture of Greg, Maudie, and Johnny.

It seriously took me a couple of seconds to figure out who that was in the middle. :lol

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seriously took me a couple of seconds to figure out who that was in the middle. :lol

Even after reading the caption, I was like, "Huh...?" But now I see it. :yay

Apparently I am wrong. I still have my doubts that it will happen.

Sounds like you'll have doubts till you hear the first chord on Day 1 of Residency '09. I've learned not to doubt JT (I think I learned that when AGIB followed YHF).

Heck, with the price of gas increasing their tour overhead costs, they ought do like Levon Helm and buy a barn out in the country somewhere and have fans come to them.

That -- I would quit my job for.

How about just opening the loft once a week??

LouieB

Love it. By the way, where is the loft? LB, I heard you give out the address.

why is it that everyone assumes that the band is going to do more shows like that? they've never said anything to even hint that they're planning on doing it again. any talk of it was 10000% speculation by people who are wishing out of their asses.

Jeff did mention it during the 2008 Residency.

I was there.

Jeff did mention it during the 2008 Residency.

I was there.

:cheers

JT delivered a pretty strong, "Let's do this again next year!" on the last night of the Residency but backed off the "next year" thing in subsequent interviews. I beleive it eventually became something along the lines of, "We'd like to do it again, maybe every couple of years."

But whenever it is, I'm in.

:cheers

JT delivered a pretty strong, "Let's do this again next year!" on the last night of the Residency but backed off the "next year" thing in subsequent interviews. I beleive it eventually became something along the lines of, "We'd like to do it again, maybe every couple of years."

But whenever it is, I'm in.

Cheers, Tamala!

K

• 2 weeks later...
Love it. By the way, where is the loft? LB, I heard you give out the address.
As I always reply, it is on the Northside, just so no one has to look throughout the entire city to find it.

Maybe this February will be warmer....we can always hope, but mostly we need to hope they will do this again.

LouieB

I pray to God it's at the Chicago or Auditorium Theatre next year so I don't have to stand in line in minus 10 degree weather for 2 hours for 5 out of 6 days.
Uh oh..now you will incur the wrath of the people who hate seated shows. Frankly not spending the remaining few minutes of my life freezing on the streets of Uptown, however romantic that seems now in the warmth of the Chicago summer and sitting in my home away from the screaming bums of Uptown, will be fine with me.

LouieB

I pray to God it's at the Chicago or Auditorium Theatre next year so I don't have to stand in line in minus 10 degree weather for 2 hours for 5 out of 6 days.

2 hours! You call that waiting? Rookie!

Odds are it will happen as Jeff reassured us again at the Cubs game. A dream come true would be for to be in Massey Hall in Toronto but if it is in Chicago this year I will end up going for sure, can't miss out two years in a row!

Uh oh..now you will incur the wrath of the people who hate seated shows. Frankly not spending the remaining few minutes of my life freezing on the streets of Uptown, however romantic that seems now in the warmth of the Chicago summer and sitting in my home away from the screaming bums of Uptown, will be fine with me.

LouieB

I thought about that as soon as I hit "reply." Now that I have a kid with whom I'll surely want to play sports, I value my extremities more than last February.

No, I call it borderline insanity . . .

If two hours is insanity, then I know about 15 people who should all have the keys thrown away. I reckon I spent about 40 or so hours in sub-zero temps that week. I'm looking forward to doing it again, even if it is in February.

• 2 months later...
I dunno..2009 is an album release year...Residencies are the type of thing they do on off years, you know?

They're going to need to be out and about touring and supporting Wilco VII.

unless they want to use the residency as practice for songs they want to play on tour.

I am hoping for the new album asap, then next Dec-Jan-Feb some sort of winter residency so they can include the new album. The kicker for me would be some sort of epic 5 disc live box set release like a Hampton Comes Alive, with cool packaging, some useless stickers, you know the works :thumbup Maybe a "best of residency" dvd too!!!

Hey Everyone,

How about having it be in Hawaii in February. That way they will have played in that state.

Just an idea but I think it'd be pretty awesome. They could totally do it.

Plus, not sure how many Wilco fans currently live in Hawaii anyways.

This would obviously bring us there.

Thanks,

Kristofor