The boys never disappoint me. The more shows I go to, the more it becomes about meeting like-minded people who enjoy them as much as I do. I made VC Connections with the following: Watch Me Fall, GregRVA, and Magazine Called Sunset. I wish I could have hung out more with you guys after the show! I had a blast! It was good to hear "Radio Cure" and the double shot of "Poor Places" > "Reservations" was welcome to my ears as well. I loved the 1-2 punch of "Red-Eyed and Blue" > "I Got You"... and I nearly peed my pants a little bit when I heard those first lines "Crazy rides rockets..." from "Pot Kettle Black!" The Total Pros were awesome and added a great brassy finish to everything they touch. I heart horns.

I had such a high time on Friday night, that it honestly took a couple days to recuperate. I was in a funk the rest of the weekend... feeling like I have nothing else to look forward to in the near future. I totally understand the reasons why some follow their favorite band around all over the country. I would certainly chase that feeling if I could. Be that as it may, I'm back in the "real" world, living vicariously through all you good people.

Long may you run, Wilco.

Kevin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, where were you sitting? I wonder if I saw you there...

Anyway, what an awesome show. Great venue, great seats, great setlist, great company. Got to hear Misunderstood for the second night in a row, not to mention the Total Pros and Bon Iver. Also got to meet some cool VC'ers. Good times! :thumbup

we were in the second row center section. it was unreal.

This show was a definite slow builder. I think they were going through the motions for about the first 8-10 songs, but from "Misunderstood" on the show was very good. The Pot Kettle Black/ Poor Places/ Reservations trio was just about perfect. I was a little disappointed in the setlist varierty, and that the TP's were only utilized in the encores, but those are minor complaints really. The venue was very nice with great acoustics for an outdoor venue and there were gobs of people there. I was in the reserved seating down front, but the lawn area was very packed and deep as well. I got to spend both the pre and post show with my good pal Courtney/Magazine Called Sunset, down all the way from Chicago. Got to chat with Kevin/Big Shoulders (one of my Residency line cohorts) before the show and see his pal Mary briefly afterwards. It was nice to meet you as well Watch Me Fall. Hopefully we'll see eachother again soon. Charles, if you're on here I sort of made eye contact with you and waved a bit in between bands off to the right of the stage. I don't know if you recognized me from all of the Residency shots, but anyway hope you had a good show. On to MyMorning Jacket this Saturday and Springsteen one week from today. My top 3 all in a 10 day period. The world may come to an end soon, Greg

This show was a definite slow builder. I think they were going through the motions for about the first 8-10 songs, but from "Misunderstood" on the show was very good. The Pot Kettle Black/ Poor Places/ Reservations trio was just about perfect. I was a little disappointed in the setlist varierty, and that the TP's were only utilized in the encores, but those are minor complaints really. The venue was very nice with great acoustics for an outdoor venue and there were gobs of people there. I was in the reserved seating down front, but the lawn area was very packed and deep as well. I got to spend both the pre and post show with my good pal Courtney/Magazine Called Sunset, down all the way from Chicago. Got to chat with Kevin/Big Shoulders (one of my Residency line cohorts) before the show and see his pal Mary briefly afterwards. It was nice to meet you as well Watch Me Fall. Hopefully we'll see eachother again soon. Charles, if you're on here I sort of made eye contact with you and waved a bit in between bands off to the right of the stage. I don't know if you recognized me from all of the Residency shots, but anyway hope you had a good show. On to MyMorning Jacket this Saturday and Springsteen one week from today. My top 3 all in a 10 day period. The world may come to an end soon, Greg

I actually thought holding the Total Pros back to the encore was a brilliant move. They pulled all of their songs together and they just seemed cranked up a notch. I thought it built slow, too, but starting at a notch above most bands, they opened from a healthy perch indeed.

I was in 4th row, section 4. Seats were nice, venue was nice, but my only complaint is I'm afraid the folks in the two rows in front of me were free ticket holders from the Cary Chamber of Commerce. Older folk, oblivious to the music, sat the whole time, pounding drinks. But at least they were quiet and receptive. I just wonder how people cannot help but getting caught up in the show.

Charles, if you're on here I sort of made eye contact with you and waved a bit in between bands off to the right of the stage. I don't know if you recognized me from all of the Residency shots, but anyway hope you had a good show, Greg

Aha. I know the so many faces, so few names..It was fun indeed. Seriously considered trekking to Delaware. Here's a preview..

wilco_cary.jpg

...and I don't know that I ever posted these (similar to WilcoWorld photos)

Pageant

Residency

charles

Second row, Section 3! What a blast! We took our kids, and they danced the whole show. When you see your 8 year old pogoing at a Wilco show , and your 11 year old singing her lungs out on Jesus, etc., that's when you know you did alright as a parent. The looks on their faces when the band took the stage for the first time was priceless.

Second row, Section 3! What a blast! We took our kids, and they danced the whole show. When you see your 8 year old pogoing at a Wilco show , and your 11 year old singing her lungs out on Jesus, etc., that's when you know you did alright as a parent. The looks on their faces when the band took the stage for the first time was priceless.

Good parenting indeed. My wife and I were in section 4 towards the back. Our kids are still young -- twin 3 year-old boys and an infant -- so we had to leave them at home. But we look forward to the day when we can bring them to see Tweedy & co.

I overheard a girl complaining to her boyfriend as we were leaving, "There were too many babies and kids at the show." I could not have disagreed more. Passing on the appreciation of Wilco's music and the great spirit among the band's fans is exactly what I hope to do for my kids.

Cheers!

Good parenting indeed. My wife and I were in section 4 towards the back. Our kids are still young -- twin 3 year-old boys and an infant -- so we had to leave them at home. But we look forward to the day when we can bring them to see Tweedy & co.

I overheard a girl complaining to her boyfriend as we were leaving, "There were too many babies and kids at the show." I could not have disagreed more. Passing on the appreciation of Wilco's music and the great spirit among the band's fans is exactly what I hope to do for my kids.

Cheers!

At Jacksonville, Charleston and Cary there were kids in the front row, and throughout the theater. It's like a sporting event, as long as the people around them behave themselves it can only be a great experience.

I'm not sure if it was you guys...but my wife and I saw a family with a boy and a girl (looked to be around 8 and 11) and we thought that was the coolest thing!

More power to you guys. It's nice to see a family share something like that.

I can't wait until my little girl is old enough to dig Wilco!

I had such a high time on Friday night, that it honestly took a couple days to recuperate. I was in a funk the rest of the weekend... feeling like I have nothing else to look forward to in the near future. I totally understand the reasons why some follow their favorite band around all over the country. I would certainly chase that feeling if I could. Be that as it may, I'm back in the "real" world, living vicariously through all you good people.

Long may you run, Wilco.

Kevin

I know exactly how you feel. :yes

It was good to meet you, too, Greg! Too bad we didn't all know each other a few years ago.

We were in Section 3 on the aisle (right in front of Jeff) about 5 or 6 rows back so I'm sure I saw some of you and just didn't know it! We also had a little girl with her mom sitting in the seats beside of us. She had a Wilco shirt on and I thought it was the cutest thing.

Aha. I know the so many faces, so few names..It was fun indeed. Seriously considered trekking to Delaware. Here's a preview..

wilco_cary.jpg

...and I don't know that I ever posted these (similar to WilcoWorld photos)

Pageant

Residency

charles

Charles,

Thanks for the links, it's been awhile since I've looked at those, what a great time that was. Next time I see you at a show I'll do a proper introduction. Take care, Greg

Hey bigshoulders/Kevin I met you too! Nice to know there's some VCer's here in the Raleigh area.

Thanks to Charles my hub, I got to hang out backstage for part of the show. Actually I squeezed into the front row, but got kicked out by security - had no choice but to hang out on the side of the stage, how awesome is that! I also requested Reservations for Charles and me and lo and behold they played it - aahhh! Good times for sure! It is emotional though, the next day was a downer indeed - bittersweet, coming off a great show, but realizing it'll be awhile before I see them again - whoa is me.

Hello Everyone, My friend and I Just saw the last 5 shows in a row. I'm attatching a link to the first on many videos I shot to share with all of you. After Brooklyn is over I will post everything I have. Koka Booth was a great outdoor venue. I will definately go back there. I met alot of cool Wilco fans in the course of my travels and would just like to say 'What's Up". Enjoy and let me know what you think. Michael

Jeff___Michael.jpg

Hello Everyone, My friend and I Just saw the last 5 shows in a row. I'm attatching a link to the first on many videos I shot to share with all of you. After Brooklyn is over I will post everything I have. Koka Booth was a great outdoor venue. I will definately go back there. I met alot of cool Wilco fans in the course of my travels and would just like to say 'What's Up". Enjoy and let me know what you think. Michael

were you on the front row jumping up and down??

So you're the guy with the Mets jersey. I saw you in Wilmington. I was wearing the blue Phillies jersey up front.

FYI, they did another new song at soundcheck. Not One Wing or Sunny, but one I've not heard before. Jeff repeated something that initially sounded like 'Wilco', but I think he said 'We go'. Sounded really good.

charles

Hey bigshoulders/Kevin I met you too! Nice to know there's some VCer's here in the Raleigh area.

Thanks to Charles my hub, I got to hang out backstage for part of the show. Actually I squeezed into the front row, but got kicked out by security - had no choice but to hang out on the side of the stage, how awesome is that! I also requested Reservations for Charles and me and lo and behold they played it - aahhh! Good times for sure! It is emotional though, the next day was a downer indeed - bittersweet, coming off a great show, but realizing it'll be awhile before I see them again - whoa is me.

Hey there! It was good to see you and Charles afterwards. I hope it's not too terribly long before they come within driving distance again.

And to answer a previous question, the boot that Ryan referenced earlier is located here [edit: 24 bit version]:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=517608

It's by CBD, who has taped more than a few shows that I've been to... and certainly knows what he's doing. Thanks Craig!

Kevin

Hey there! It was good to see you and Charles afterwards. I hope it's not too terribly long before they come within driving distance again.

And to answer a previous question, the boot that Ryan referenced earlier is located here:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=517608

It's by CBD, who has taped more than a few shows that I've been to... and certainly knows what he's doing. Thanks Craig!

Kevin

That is the 24 bit version you posted a link to -

How can I listen to the 24 Bit files?

There are many ways to listen to 24 Bit files. You can burn them to DVD, either as a DVD-Audio disc or a DVD-Video disc. Or you can listen to them from your computer.

We are not archiving 24 bit files (at The Wilco Live Show Archive) at this time - so if anyone wants them, they should make sure they grab them now.

For the benefit of the new people looking for shows in the After The Show section, you can find links to shows as they pop up - by checking this section of the board:

Greatest Lost Track of All Time