Prepare for douche chills

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we got our torches wholesale.

I've already spent more time on this than I would have expected but going back through the list, someone indeed said "hate" about this.

I took my kid to a concert and she was texting during the show. I got irritated at the fact that she wasn't paying attention until I found out she was helping a friend with homework.

Hi everyone. I am the owner of the blog in question and I was wondering why I was receiving some extra hits recently.

It's nice to see that someone besides a couple of my friends have found their way to my blog.

I understand everyone's sentiments completely. I am not one to text during concerts usually, and definitely not in movies (I am a total film snob and will call out someone who is distractingly texting during a movie). This all started in good fun and then spiraled into this. Over the course of over an hour, that isn't that many text messages between the 6 of us and I would think that there was about a .5% chance of us distracting those around us as Freakwater wasn't received particularly warmly at the show and the atmosphere was very talky anyway (and we were in the back).

I don't have to defend my opinion of their music... but I feel like a few of your comments are flat out wrong about me and my friends. I feel like I must remind you that you have no idea who we are and that this post was done out of both satire and jest.

That's all.

Thanks for reading (kind of).

Wow, that took guts (ok, maybe not really, I mean, this is only the internet, and I

Who the hell is Freakwater?

Just for the record... I didn't go to a Freakwater show. I wasn't even aware She & Him had an opening act (it wasn't displayed on their website) until I arrived at the venue.

Don't worry too much about what some folks on an obscure alt-country bands' message board (as Gary so eloquently puts it) think about you, text messaging, or what you think about Freakwater :lol

Plus this isn't the pee shiver companion thread I was expecting.

How is texting different than, say, the time you consumed to conceive and type this reply vs. the value of your effort?

Because it would be really difficult, logistically, to conference everyone in, by phone, for a discussion regarding the merits of texting?