Prepare for douche chills

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Colorbylogic Zooey Deschanel is your girlfriend? She's hot. I see you love Starbucks, you had better avoid any thread concering that though, it can be dangerous!

I do get annoyed when an opening band is no where near the music I come to see, but all live music (excluding gospel and new country) is an experience I enjoy. It sucks when you have to sit thru crap in order to save a good spot for the real band though. I would assume it's ok to talk or whatever thru the OB cause it's when most people get there and get settled in. I thought your blog was funny, just hope the Freakwater band doesn't shoot themselves over it.If it weren't for this thread I would never have heard of them anyway. It's not like you blogged this for the world to see, it's your blog that people choose hang out in.

Thanks for your post! Yes, me and Zooey are an item... but don't ask her about it because she wants to seperate herself from all the controversy that my blog and I tend to produce.

Oh and it's not really that I love Starbucks... it's just that I work there. I do like Starbucks... but I've written alot about them recently because I just started working there. It's a good company to work for. They do alot for their employees.

I warnerd you not to speak of such things.

I don't want to derail this important, important thread but I believe it was just that one guy that didn't like Starbucks. A good portion of us like Zooey and Starbucks so the new guy should be ok there. ViaChicago is somewhat mixed on text messaging though evidently.

Analogman's going to do some clobberin'* if he reads this thread. He's a big Freakwater fan, IIRC.

*Not true, he's probably going to have a kitten follow him home.

I looked at this thread this morning - I guess times have changed quite a bit here - if a lot of people who post on a Wilco board are not familiar with Freakwater.

Hint: Bob Egan

I have no idea who the other band is - so maybe it is me who is out of touch. It sounds like someone screwed up having them play a show together. I don't have a cell phone - so I am not familiar with text messaging.

I don't want to derail this important, important thread but I believe it was just that one guy that didn't like Starbucks. A good portion of us like Zooey and Starbucks so the new guy should be ok there. ViaChicago is somewhat mixed on text messaging though evidently.

I never text, it hurts my fingers and I don't know the lingo. I read them sometimes and feel lost. Most of the time they are phantom ghost messages from people I don't know anyway??Do they teach it in schools now or something, Im from a slightly older generation who grew up on books and MTV.

I dig Freakwater but not everyone that digs wilco, even if they've been into them for awhile may be as in to the countryish side of their early sound or familiar with bands of that ilk. it doesn't really surprise me that people aren't all that familiar with Freakwater. it's not like back in the olden days everyone that listened to wilco only read No Depression. c'mon.

I looked at this thread this morning - I guess times have changed quite a bit here - if a lot of people who post on a Wilco board are not familiar with Freakwater.

Hint: Bob Egan

I have no idea who the other band is - so maybe it is me who is out of touch. It sounds like someone screwed up having them play a show together. I don't have a cell phone - so I am not familiar with text messaging.

It's possible (though I am honestly not all that familiar with his music) that Freakwater would work better as an opener for M. Ward rather than She & Him.

I dig Freakwater but not everyone that digs wilco, even if they've been into them for awhile may be as in to the countryish side of their early sound or familiar with bands of that ilk. it doesn't really surprise me that people aren't all that familiar with Freakwater. it's not like back in the olden days everyone that listened to wilco only read No Depression. c'mon.

That is true - plus their music is not easily digested. I didn't mean to diss any long time members here.

More about my impression of Freakwater...

As I said in my post, I think they are very talented musicians. I loved the type of music they played and I definitely agree that they would probably be more suitable as an opener for M. Ward than for She & Him (although She & Him have several very country-ish tracks). But it was their voices that was so off-putting. Not as much the blonde one (don't know their names, sorry)... she sounded a bit like Emmylou (although almost a bit too much... it seemed like maybe she was trying too hard to sound like her). If she had been the only one singing, it would've been a good bit different of an experience. But the brunette one... she was horrible. And after the first few songs, she took the lead on pretty much every song after that. And then later, when She & Him were finishing, Freakwater came out and joined them for a rendition of "Hello Stranger" and it was obvious that the brunette one was pretty drunk (which only made it sound worse).

I don't have a cell phone - so I am not familiar with text messaging.

:thumbup

8 pages of thread, and this was the only thing that resonated with me.

OK - carry on, peeps.