We have some interesting opinions around here lately ...

DBT are a step removed from Kid Rock? :ermm

Neil Young isn't the kind of artist Wilco would want to be associated with? :omg

Jim James voice sounds like Chris Martin from Coldplay? :stunned

It's really great that we're all different, though. It would be boring if we weren't.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried many many times with these guys and was kinda coming around with all the Isbell songs. Then Pfft. Shit, I had a copy of the first pressing of SRO - and there are only 499 others.

The last straw was that fucking song 'bob'. When listening to this band I now hear more Jim Stafford than Allman Bros, Derek + Dominoes, Sknyrd, or Bottle Rockets. So I'll take that back, maybe they are more than step above Kid Rock, but have not surpassed Stafford in the suckage scale.

and Cortez, fuck off with the personal insults.

Tried many many times with these guys and was kinda coming around with all the Isbell songs. Then Pfft. Shit, I had a copy of the first pressing of SRO - and there are only 499 others.

The last straw was that fucking song 'bob'. When listening to this band I now hear more Jim Stafford than Allman Bros, Derek + Dominoes, Sknyrd, or Bottle Rockets. So I'll take that back, maybe they are more than step above Kid Rock, but have not surpassed Stafford in the suckage scale.

Bob is not a good song. "Ghost to Most", "Righteous Path", "Homefront"... none of those grabbed you?

We have some interesting opinions around here lately ...

DBT are a step removed from Kid Rock? :ermm

Neil Young isn't the kind of artist Wilco would want to be associated with? :omg

Jim James voice sounds like Chris Martin from Coldplay? :stunned

It's really great that we're all different, though. It would be boring if we weren't.

Add to that list the Blood on the Tracks is overrated, and one can see the wonder that is the internets.

Bob is not a good song. "Ghost to Most", "Righteous Path", "Homefront"... none of those grabbed you?

yeah, Bob and Lisa's Birthday are terrible.

i'm guessing Liz just doesn't dig on Cooley's type of songwriting, which i can understand honestly. He reminds me of Charlie Daniels more than anyone.

edit: p.s. got my tix for both nights @ First Ave :rock

Presale sold out for Sat night...so I'll have to pay ticketmaster's wonderful fees. I did get a ticket for the 16th though!! :thumbup

could just go to First Ave friday night and get them? or are you not in town?

could just go to First Ave friday night and get them? or are you not in town?

Yeah I'm a friendly neighbor to the south in Rochester, always thought I would move up to the cities but I got a job offer I couldn't say no to. I'm up there quite often though.

Presale sold out for Sat night...so I'll have to pay ticketmaster's wonderful fees. I did get a ticket for the 16th though!! :thumbup

has it been confirmed that this is just a presale... will tickets eventually go on Ticketmaster? I'm thinking a roadtrip to MN for First Avenue night 1 is in order.

I'm bummed about that, too. (Heck, I would have taken anywhere in the Baltimore/D.C. area.)

Me too!

DBT has been one of my favorite bands for years now and I just recently started to get in to The Hold Steady. Boys and Girls in America and Stay Positive have been in extremely heavy rotation in my car and at work recently. Maybe they'll add more dates later and the DC area will get a show.

So I got a ticket for the first night at first ave and I would just like to show everyone how much I love ticketmaster...

Buying directly from the band presale: $25 Ticket + $4 service fee = $29

Buying from ticketmaster: $24 Ticket + $7 convienence fee + $1 Building fee + $4 Service fee + tax? = $37.03

Not to change the subject of the thread. I just wanted to vent.

Anyways, I'm pretty excited for this.