Is Nothing Sacred?

Went to the movies today, and the "pre-show entertainment" included this gag-inducing

The dude yanking on the phallic sculpture might make it worth it, though.

I think it's also a reference to this new movie coming out, which rips off Breakfast Club in its promo poster.

Pixie sticks on the sandwich? Weak.

American Teen is a 2008 documentary film directed by Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes, The Kid Stays in the Picture) and produced by 57th & Irving. It competed in the Documentary Competition at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival, where it received the Directing Award: Documentary. Following the Sundance Film Festival, the movie was picked up by Paramount Vantage and was released to general cinema July 25, 2008.

Some film critics have accused the director, Nanette Burstein, of giving the documentary a sensationalized feel, and others have gone so far as to claim that it was scripted. Ms. Burstein has denied these claims and defended the film's authenticity.

Much of the movie was filmed at Warsaw Community High School in Warsaw, Indiana.

I get so irritated with the Breakfast Club rip off commercial. Plus, the kids that it's geared towards probably don't even know the movie.

Seriously, it irritates me so much that I am boycotting JCPenney when it comes to back to school shopping.

Been done:

TexasChainsawMassacre2The1986.jpg

one of my favorite movie posters of all time. outside of being outrageously corny, i don't really feel that TV ad being that blasphemous. now, if they co-op 'ferris bueller' for an ad...i'll boycott the possbility of me ever buying my clothes at JC Penny (no, I don't shop there).

1. I love Breakfast Club.

2. I hate that commercial.

3. I've seen American Teen (and, the guy who made Hoop Dreams said to me about it "I wasn't totally in love with it", during a conversation that, had I know at the time was with the guy who made Hoop Dreams, would have freaked me out completely :lol). It's a documentary with the premise that all of the high school movie stereotypes are, to an extent, true. So yes, it leans heavily on the Breakfast Club "types".

Nirvana t-shirt @ JCPenney? Doesn't seem right, kinda like the Stones T-shirt @ Wal-Mart.

I think that is because that sort of think is in - at Sears you can buy AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, etc. shirts. I never really saw any of those films that were made when I was a teenager until the mid 1990s.

We've had this discussion before (several times?)- but it is amazing how much money a real (vintage) AC/DC, Stones, etc. shirt goes for these days. I have a collection of original rock shirts - I would not sell them though.

We've had this discussion before (several times?)- but it is amazing how much money a real (vintage) AC/DC, Stones, etc. shirt goes for these days. I have a collection of original rock shirts - I would not sell them though.

There's something to be said about finding an old used rock t-shirt. Good energy there. What do you have?