But if you lose, nothing changes.

Better to win by fighting fire with fire than to lose and watch the fire consume everything.

that's the bit i don't agree with you about. i think if you keep your morals and fight for something you believe in, the way you intended, and don't win then that's just the way it is - that's just a fundamental thing about competing against others with fairplay. more so in politics than any thing else, because ultimately your being chosen to represent the people - if the people don't want that then let them burn - you can guarantee there'd be a lot of change then, for the people that are left to rise from the ashes.

anyway, time will tell. i'm just putting my two-pennies worth in now to predict a real lack of unchange when he gets in. meet the new boss, same as the old boss and blah blah blah . . .

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's the bit i don't agree with you about. i think if you keep your morals and fight for something you believe in, the way you intended, and don't win then that's just the way it is - that's just a fundamental thing about competing against others with fairplay. more so in politics than any thing else, because ultimately your being chosen to represent the people - if the people don't want that then let them burn - you can guarantee there'd be a lot of change then, for the people that are left to rise from the ashes.

anyway, time will tell. i'm just putting my two-pennies worth in now to predict a real lack of unchange when he gets in. meet the new boss, same as the old boss and blah blah blah . . .

How many wars do you think McCain is setting up right now? Now that's change I can believe in.Hope you don't have children old enough for a draft.

Obama is a man of great character you just can't paint with the smear gun. How can you even compare McCain's lashing out with how Obama is holding himself to a higher standard? The debates will show you who acts like a child. McCain likes to use the F word when he is frustrated.

How many wars do you think McCain is setting up right now? Now that's change I can believe in.Hope you don't have children old enough for a draft.

Obama is a man of great character you just can't paint with the smear gun. How can you even compare McCain's lashing out with how Obama is holding himself to a higher standard? The debates will show you who acts like a child. McCain likes to use the F word when he is frustrated.

Sometimes I can't tell you whether you are being serious. These comments seal it, though. No way can you be serious about those.

I just got a text message from John McCain; we're attacking North Korea at dawn on November 5th.

He promised further updates on other fronts as he finalizes his war plans.

yes, I'm hoping for a lack of unchange!

:lol see that's just being negative - and picking out the silly errors i make!

then why does he seem to know there will be unchange for our country?

i didn't say i knew - i was predicting. let's not get carried away. i think i can make comments can't i? your politics is on our news enough for me to not be completely in the dark on the subject.

I just got a text message from John McCain; we're attacking North Korea at dawn on November 5th.

Iran on the 6th

China on the 7th

Russia on the 8th

Venezuala on the 9th

Cuba on the 10th

U.S. on the 11th, oh wait they've already ruined US.

Sure hope Barry gets to thwart the WW.

:lol see that's just being negative - and picking out the silly errors i make!

i didn't say i knew - i was predicting. let's not get carried away. i think i can make comments can't i? your politics is on our news enough for me to not be completely in the dark on the subject.

I don't think your in the dark by any means, I'm just tired of hearing people say Obama will = no change. I haven't seen anything from him or the dems that point to leaving the country as is. McCain voted 100% with Bush, not Obama.

He predicted "a lack of unchange."

Why?

That's funny. So you think McCain is not going to lead us to war and more war if given a chance? Let me find the quote where he says get ready for wars people.

Hey, just make your comment, you don't have to seek acceptance here.

What's the consensus on the election from the Aussie press?

So who is Biden standing next to for president now? Says more than this ad can. Biden knows the real McCain, that's why he is with Obama.

Joe is a badass. I love that pick. I hope the Maverick picks Mitt. What a tool.

So who is Biden standing next to for president now? Says more than this ad can. Biden knows the real McCain, that's why he is with Obama.

It never fails to amaze me what people are willing to overlook when they are swept up in the hype and hysteria of "change".

BTW: Joe Biden is change? Joe Biden? The ultimate Washington insider Joe Biden? We are talking about the same old Joe Biden, yes?

because i type too fast. because i don't read things before i press "add reply". because i think i'm a little dyslexic. and, above all, because i can!

So it was a typo that should have read differently? Sorry if I'm confused as to where you stand. I am just fed the Obama=unchange slogan a lot and it makes me wannae6x5d0.gifTheres no basis to it. He's not satisfied with how the country is now, so why do people believe he will sit on his bum and do nothing? It's just a silly slogan that is really old now. No punches to you man.

Hey, just make your comment, you don't have to seek acceptance here.

What's the consensus on the election from the Aussie press?

how dare you, sir! i'm british.

the british press is almost completely in favour of obama, as am i. well, over choosing between john mccain & him, that is. i have no problem with the guy on that level - i just serously doubt he'll be willing or able to make the sort of changes that i'd like to see being made in your country as a foreigner - ie. foreign policy issues, or just a general cultural change that will impact on the world as a whole. i think he could quite possibly inherit such a mess (in much the same way as Gordon Brown has from Tony Blair) where his hands will be too tied for him to be effective - i see a general world economic downturn on the horizon (people think we're in it - which we are to a degree - but, i personal predict it'll get worse) and so he'll be lucky to come out of it all with people thinking he did an ok job, let alone thinking he changed the country. that's what annoys me most, i just see it as being conceited to talk about all this change and optimism when the climate seems to overwhelmingly likely to prevent it happening. it's just pillow talk to the electorate.

It never fails to amaze me what people are willing to overlook when they are swept up in the hype and hysteria of "change".

BTW: Joe Biden is change? Joe Biden? The ultimate Washington insider Joe Biden? We are talking about the same old Joe Biden, yes?

He isn't that old and is that a problem? Insider? Joe is not an 'insider' if what you mean is on the corporate teet. He is experienced and happens to understand DC. Is that bad?

My idea is not of radical retooling of the gov't but more of not having the Retardicans continue to fleece us and a more populist idea of governing.