Good one!I've read this several times before.

I love the end where he says "Senator John Sidney McCain, III is a remarkable man who has made enormous personal achievements. And he is a man that I am proud to call a fellow POW who "Returned With Honor." That's our POW motto. But since many of you keep asking what I think of him, I've decided to write it out. In short, I think John Sidney McCain, III is a good man, but not someone I will vote for in the upcoming election to be our President of the United States."

He also confirms what I have said about having a hot head at the trigger and voting alongside his buddy Bush.Wrong for this country.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama's love is all I'll ever need.

And come on, Cryptique, Obama has run an overwhelmingly negative campaign, and it has nothing to do with McCain starting it.

I'll never understand why people actually bought that Obama is "different". Dude's a fucking awesome salesman.

overwhelmingly negative?

no offense, but if you honestly think that, you haven't followed past elections very closely

not denying that there's been some negative stuff thrown back, and it's not a matter of who started what (even if it was McCain, and prior, Hillary), but McCain's ad's so far the last 2 months have made Barack's look like puppies and flowers comparatively.

how dare you, sir! i'm british.

the british press is almost completely in favour of obama, as am i. well, over choosing between john mccain & him, that is. i have no problem with the guy on that level - i just serously doubt he'll be willing or able to make the sort of changes that i'd like to see being made in your country as a foreigner - ie. foreign policy issues, or just a general cultural change that will impact on the world as a whole. i think he could quite possibly inherit such a mess (in much the same way as Gordon Brown has from Tony Blair) where his hands will be too tied for him to be effective - i see a general world economic downturn on the horizon (people think we're in it - which we are to a degree - but, i personal predict it'll get worse) and so he'll be lucky to come out of it all with people thinking he did an ok job, let alone linking he changed the country. that's what annoys me most, i just see it as being conceited to talk about all this change and optimism when the climate seems to overwhelmingly likely to prevent it happening. it's just pillow talk to the electorate.

Oops, I thought your name was Auckland. Honest mistake.

The fact that they are willing to inherit the GOP's f ups is honorable, to me. With that in mind, in shouldn't be too difficult to, at least, do a little better. The baseline is pretty low right now.

They, we all acknowledge the world is shitty right now. Getting elected requires acknowledging that and providing ideas to change. This is a contentious point, since McCain, Graham can't even acknowledge our economic woes.

overwhelmingly negative?

no offense, but if you honestly think that, you haven't followed past elections very closely

not denying that there's been some negative stuff thrown back, and it's not a matter of who started what (even if it was McCain, and prior, Hillary), but McCain's ad's so far the last 2 months have made Barack's look like puppies and flowers comparatively.

Right on. Maybe my TV and puter have a filter or something, I'm just not seeing these horrible adds from O?

I just got a text message from John McCain; we're attacking North Korea at dawn on November 5th.

He promised further updates on other fronts as he finalizes his war plans.

Can you ask him if he can make that 7 a.m.? Dawn doesn't work for me.

From McCain's face at the end of that ad, he definitely approves the ad.

What the hell is Cindy's trip to Georgia going to prove? Oh, yeah. Dick Cheney is en route as well. I think they are boinking each other. You know Dick will get off on the danger of that mission. Boinking Frankenstein's wife while citizens of another country struggle to gather money to buy more weapons from US. Hot action. Go get'm Dick.

What the hell is Cindy's trip to Georgia going to prove? Oh, yeah. Dick Cheney is en route as well. I think they are boinking each other. You know Dick will get off on the danger of that mission. Boinking Frankenstein's wife while citizens of another country struggle to gather money to buy more weapons from US. Hot action. Go get'm Dick.

Regardless of where you stand in the election, this topic and post is pointless, and likely only aimed at starting trouble.

Regardless of where you stand in the election, this topic and post is pointless, and likely only aimed at starting trouble.

Duh

I apologize for my misguided attempt to interject humor in a ridiculous political move that should backfire. not

I think there is a difference between mudslinging and pointing out reasons not to vote for the other guy. I don't really see Obama doing any negative advertising. And what could be considered negative, he could even take a little further. One of the problems with Democrats in the past is they hear people don't like negative ads, so they're afraid to say anything about the other person or to even defend accusations against themselves. I understand that negative politics is unfortunate but keeping your mouth shut and letting the other guy run the show is not the high road.

How many wars do you think McCain is setting up right now? Now that's change I can believe in.Hope you don't have children old enough for a draft.

Obama is a man of great character you just can't paint with the smear gun. How can you even compare McCain's lashing out with how Obama is holding himself to a higher standard? The debates will show you who acts like a child. McCain likes to use the F word when he is frustrated.

Unfortunately, if history serves, Joss

Isn't that why we've been saving all that juicy oil up in Alaska, and off the Florida coast?

Seriously, I can't quote chapter and verse, but I've read at least 3 studies that have said we've already turned the corner on oil, as far back as 2005.

I think you raise valid points. The problem is -- as the most recent attempts to get into Alaska and Florida's knickers -- is that the more dire things seem, the more people will be willing to do whatever it takes, and a change in political approach becomes harder and harder.

Despite the knocks Carter has taken, our last best chance to do something about energy was under his administration -- not as much from a political perspective (D vs. R) as a public perspective of being ripe to make the appropriate changes in lifestyle (if that makes sense).

Can we talk about Bidens hair? That shit bad-ass! It kinda has a John Travolta "Pulp Fiction" look. I might just vote for those 2 if he ever pulls it back in a ponytail.

When it comes to bad-ass 'dos, no one can top the "swoop-du-jour" of Carl Levin. Just sayin'.

this has nothing to do with the election, but it has something to do with politics/current affairs.

it's brian blessed presenting have i got news for you - possibly the maddest guest presenter of a quiz ever seen. (i hope people know who brian blessed is - he's in flash gordon as the hawk king, or whatever he was - shouts "GORDON'S ALIVE!").

i thought i'd put it in here cos i found the link on youtube after looking at one of those mccain ads.

part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 4.5

part 5

watching part 5 first might give you some idea of what it's like

We were just talking about Flash Gordon the other night. Great movie.

Unfortunately, if history serves, Joss's statement will hold more truth than not. Maybe Obama is different, and he is not a typical, cynical politician. But even assuming he is, the corporate interests in this country hold the key to any real change, and I see no evidence to suggest they're ready to hand it over. Both parties are equally beholden to corporate interests, and until we break or weaken that alliance, I fear we will continue down the same road we've been on for years
I think there is a difference between mudslinging and pointing out reasons not to vote for the other guy. I don't really see Obama doing any negative advertising. And what could be considered negative, he could even take a little further. One of the problems with Democrats in the past is they hear people don't like negative ads, so they're afraid to say anything about the other person or to even defend accusations against themselves. I understand that negative politics is unfortunate but keeping your mouth shut and letting the other guy run the show is not the high road.

Excellent words here. O does need to step it up on clearing the rumors on his behalf. I was impressed with his behavior concerning Hillary slamming him with rumors, but he should of (and needs to) put it to rest asap. People in the Midwest still think he will raise our middle class taxes and fool us cause he's a muslim hiding in a Christian's body????

Can't prove a negative. How can Obama PROVE he's not a Muslim or PROVE that he doesn't hate America?

Can't prove a negative. How can Obama PROVE he's not a Muslim or PROVE that he doesn't hate America?

Tell the truth. Some will believe, others won't. Don't just let stupid rumors fester. Are you saying ignore all the lies and rumors without speaking out?

Eat a pork and apple pie while wearing a baseball uniform while high-fiving a rabbi whose in an Uncle Sam outift. While watching NASCAR

Huh? Let's see, what presidental canidate is worth 40 million and his wife 100 million? So you think O is, or will be a bigger sellout? Corporate interests I get, and your point concerning both parties being equally beholden to corporate interests, and severing that alliance, but why quote me on this one?Your points are far from what I said???Good points though, you are one who actually knows his stuff.

McCain=war and little to no $$ and time for this country's real issues.

I think, to a large extent, they both sold out when they became official, card-carrying members of their respective parties. I would love to believe democrats represent a deep, demonstrable alternative to republicans, but to date, aside from some minor policy differences, I see very little evidence of a real, meaningful difference. Bush and Co. not included