• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The talking posts have not gone unchallenged, we've discussed this stuff till we puked this summer, and usually like adults.You just happened to pop your head in 2 days ago and assume we just make up shit without any research or discussion. And you called me a man, and a teenager. I read your VC history and it seems what you think is sarcasm is far from it.

You ignore links posted for you & just skim what is posted looking for a punch.

Ok. Have a great day.

McCain's 2008 RNC stage setup (clearly they love America much more than the Democrats, it's pretty obvious from this stage):

podium.jpg

It also looks so damn... orderly with all the aisles and stuff. You can almost feel the right wing uptightness just from the picture. I realize that the hall is empty, but damn.

I didn't say anything about that, just that Stewart was disingenuous when he said he was stunned about Rove getting a job on Fox.

of course he was disingenuous. it's a part of his humor, a part of his shtick, and it's his job. he's humorously disingenuous for at least half of each of his shows.

This I find absolutely hilarious.

I state without exaggeration and from personal experience that the mere mention of your username will garner a "knock it off" PM from a Mod, and yet you can call someone a$$hole and make other personal attacks on people with whom you have a differing opinion politically.

Wow.

When some VC'ers gave me some shit I posted a thread to allow them to explain it to me, not running to a mod. I believe there were like 250 posts on that thread.Not once was I rude, I let you guys speak, as I do now. I don't recall me being a dick to you lately..do you?

This dude comes out of nowhere and blasts spit at many on the election thread with nothing to back it up, as he's done in the past. I kindly told him he was coming off with a-holeness comments. He seems smart enought to protect himself without your help. Read the thread, it's not just me.

People don't have to agree with me for me to listen and respond to them like a nice gal. So the whole "make other personal attacks on people with whom you have a differing opinion politically" does not work on me. I'm pretty civil on this board all around if you ever paid attention.This guy was being a real tool and he knows it, and he cleared it up quite nicely.I don't htink you were involved, or was I hurting you.

This is ludicrous. There are certain circumstances that led to those PMs, and don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. I'm so sick of that routine.

If anyone has a problem with a specific post, please report it. I don't agree that one person being an asshole gives anyone else the right to respond in kind, but I'm not going to dive in and try to fix every instance of assholery that I see on here. I don't have that kind of time.

If people could just grow up, try to treat each other with respect, these threads don't have to be shitfights.

I don't think it's ludicrous at all.

With all do respect if she expects to be treated with a certain level of respect she should be held to the same standard.

If you care to sift through all the chaff that was that other thread you'll find who posted and who didn't.

I've never used the "Report" button in the years I've posted here because I believe in open dialog but I will not shirk from calling out someone's hypocrisy.

methinks there are folks here who don't understand what a political analyst's job is. He is the network's version of a columnist.

The Bush's War Frontline documentary (IIRC) had some discussion from the Cable and TV news' perspective -- or rather lack of perspective -- by relying on "analysts" rather than doing any true reporting. Something happens, they get out the rolodex (now, google) and they get one person from each side, and, starting with the ubiquitous "I'll start with you," they start the argument until it's time to cut them off. No work, no cost (unless you have to woo an analyst that's going to score points with your audience) to the media. Nothing but a damned slippery slope.

When some VC'ers gave me some shit I posted a thread to allow them to explain it to me, not running to a mod. I believe there were like 250 posts on that thread.Not once was I rude, I let you guys speak, as I do now. I don't recall me being a dick to you lately..do you?

This dude comes out of nowhere and blasts spit at many on the election thread with nothing to back it up, as he's done in the past. I kindly told him he was coming off with a-holeness comments. He seems smart enought to protect himself without your help. Read the thread, it's not just me.

People don't have to agree with me for me to listen and respond to them like a nice gal. So the whole "make other personal attacks on people with whom you have a differing opinion politically" does not work on me. I'm pretty civil on this board all around if you ever paid attention.This guy was being a real tool and he knows it, and he cleared it up quite nicely.I don't htink you were involved, or was I hurting you.

My mama used to say two wrong's don't make a right. Regardless of side, the best way to advance or end an argument is with facts. Saying it's so don't make it so. Saying "you can look it up" doesn't help your cause even if it's there to be looked up. In this day and age -- as with political analysts -- you can find some "facts" on the Web to make 2+2 = whatever you want it to.

Attacks just makes the merry-go-round spin faster.

I don't think it's ludicrous at all.

With all do respect if she expects to be treated with a certain level of respect she should be held to the same standard.

If you care to sift through all the chaff that was that other thread you'll find who posted and who didn't.

I've never used the "Report" button in the years I've posted here because I believe in open dialog but I will not shirk from calling out someone's hypocrisy.

I haven't even seen you on this thread throughout the whole discussion till now, so how is you know me so well? It seems to me we have had a pretty fun ride like adults on the election thread for weeks now, till now.Why is that you think? What have you offered on this thread? I fail to see where I launch all out attacks on those against my way of thinking. Your way off on this one.It has NOTHING to do with you.If I personally attack you let me know and I will say I'm sorry till the cows get eaten. Now put me on ignore.

My mama used to say two wrong's don't make a right. Regardless of side, the best way to advance or end an argument is with facts. Saying it's so don't make it so. Saying "you can look it up" doesn't help your cause even if it's there to be looked up. In this day and age -- as with political analysts -- you can find some "facts" on the Web to make 2+2 = whatever you want it to.

Attacks just makes the merry-go-round spin faster.

Many of us did post links to facts but they were ignored, or had been posted for ages already on here.Where was his facts?

It also looks so damn... orderly with all the aisles and stuff. You can almost feel the right wing uptightness just from the picture. I realize that the hall is empty, but damn.

So conservatives are uptight and stupid and they only believe in hate and fear (which is funny to me since the Democrats are the ones that play the class warfare card every election cycle).

I love politics!

So conservatives are uptight and stupid and they only believe in hate and fear (which is funny to me since the Democrats are the ones that play the class warfare card every election cycle).

I love politics!

Since the median income for dems is likely lower than that of repubs (no I don't have stats, but I am taking a guess), wouldn't it be odd for the repubs to "play the class warfare card every election cycle", since otherwise they would be warring on themselves?

Your other comments are somewhat of a stretch -- I don't recall saying they were stupid or only believe in hate and fear.

Since the median income for dems is likely lower than that of repubs (no I don't have stats, but I am taking a guess), wouldn't it be odd for the repubs to "play the class warfare card every election cycle", since otherwise they would be warring on themselves?

Your other comments are somewhat of a stretch -- I don't recall saying they were stupid or only believe in hate and fear.

I have seen other comments relaying the hate and fear mantra (along with Howard Dean). That's where the class warfare comment arose from. And since class warfare is a direct product of hate and fear-mongering, I find it odd that Republicans/Conservatives have been fit with that label at times.

Being in the South, I see enough evidence that the median income for dems vs. rep is a wash.