Calculate your Obama tax cut

Your Obama Tax Cut is: $468.76

How do I find out what McCain would tax me?

If it didn't say how much more McCain would tax you, then it most likely means that you would benefit from McCain's tax plan. This isn't, after all, a nonpartisan site aimed to truly assist voters to make informed decisions.

I'm glad Obama's saving everybody so much money. After all, we will definitely need it with the outrageous corporate tax rates and high capital gains and dividends taxes that will be passed on to employees and consumers. I say employees, but that's only if you weren't laid off by an employer forced to cut costs and save money.

Just more politically motivated smoke and mirrors. I'm going to register ronpaulwillincreaseyourpenissize.com.

"As a 501©(3) non-profit organization, Brookings describes itself as independent and non-partisan.[4][16] Media descriptions of Brookings range from liberal to centrist. The New York Times has referred to the organization as liberal, liberal-centrist, and centrist.[17][18][19][20][21][22] The Washington Post sometimes describes Brookings as liberal.[23][24][25] The Los Angeles Times describes Brookings as liberal-leaning and centrist.[26][27][28] In 1977, Time Magazine described them as the "nation's pre-eminent liberal think tank."[29]"

I think most Americans will wait to see their tax refund before falling for a politically motivated website's conclusion.

nobody is saying that site is actually accurate... i just thought it was amusing

but the fact remains, completely irregardless of what Obama has proposed or what would possibly happen under his presidency, is that McCain will help your bottom line more if you're rich (household making $250k+ or more) than if you're middle class, which is most people's point i think.

if you can say that isn't true, by all means, show us

nobody is saying that site is actually accurate... i just thought it was amusing

but the fact remains, completely irregardless of what Obama has proposed or what would possibly happen under his presidency, is that McCain will help your bottom line more if you're rich (household making $250k+ or more) than if you're middle class, which is most people's point i think.

if you can say that isn't true, by all means, show us

If it's not accurate, then it shouldn't even exist - unless it's such an obvious parody ("John McCain will increase your taxes and eat your grandmother") that people don't try to pawn it off as convincing evidence that Candidate A is better than Candidate B.

I don't believe an effing promise that a candidate makes until he/she actually makes good on it. And neither should you.

the site is based off Barack's proposals on his website, so in that aspect it IS accurate. i was just saying that who knows what it'll actually end up being. i mostly cared about the difference in what my taxes would do under McCain, not exactly Barack.

then again, i'm not as gung-ho anti-taxes like lots of Conservatives are

"Read my lips - no new taxes" should be all anyone has to remember. Has any candidate ever *not* promised to not raise taxes? Are today's taxes a greater burden than they were in the past? Can a candidate follow through with promises to balance the budget, feed the poor, house the homeless, treat the sick and not raise taxes?

It's so much easier to issue a statement and create a website that says, "You'll be better off under my administration than Candidate X"*

* Six thousand words of legalese and other fine print that basically prevent anyone from ever holding us to our pre-election promises.

I'm glad Obama's saving everybody so much money. After all, we will definitely need it with the outrageous corporate tax rates and high capital gains and dividends taxes that will be passed on to employees and consumers. I say employees, but that's only if you weren't laid off by an employer forced to cut costs and save money.

Interesting. I wonder if the company that laid me off this year will somehow find out a way to lay me off again next year!

Arguing the merits of the McCain tax plan would be a lot more effective if not for the fact that the last 8 years have proven them to be failing policies (except for the rich of course).

Interesting. I wonder if the company that laid me off this year will somehow find out a way to lay me off again next year!

Arguing the merits of the McCain tax plan would be a lot more effective if not for the fact that the last 8 years have proven them to be failing policies (except for the rich of course).

Yes, let's really put the squeeze on these companies, then.

There isn't a tax plan that will work without important cuts and limits on federal spending. Something we have not had for the last eight years.

Or it will help you if your a one income family with lots of dependent children...

Is there a middle class that still exists in the US? I think a lot of people think they are MC but are really poor...like myself. I'm always a little confused on how you determine it.

I don't know how you determine it but we're definitely middle class.

We own our own home, we drive 2 nice cars (2007 civic and 2008 pilot), have 4 kids, I'm a stay at home mom, we have money in the bank, etc.

We're definitely not rich, but we are comfortable, but only because we're smart about our money. I know people who make more than us who don't know how to handle their money who live paycheck to paycheck and consider themselves poor. We just have a budget and stick to it.

You either tax the rich more and have them pass it on down, or you tax the middle class directly. Either way, the rich are going to be alright and the middle class gets the shaft.

then there was the trickle-down theory in the reagan 1980s. former senator george mitchell finally said "the american people are tired of being trickled on," and i certainly feel that way now. in fact, where is that trickle.

You either tax the rich more and have them pass it on down, or you tax the middle class directly. Either way, the rich are going to be alright and the middle class gets the shaft.

The idea that tax and spend = middle class getting the screw job isn't necessarily true. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8082802851.html

I don't know how you determine it but we're definitely middle class.

We own our own home, we drive 2 nice cars (2007 civic and 2008 pilot), have 4 kids, I'm a stay at home mom, we have money in the bank, etc.

We're definitely not rich, but we are comfortable, but only because we're smart about our money. I know people who make more than us who don't know how to handle their money who live paycheck to paycheck and consider themselves poor. We just have a budget and stick to it.

can you help me :cheekkiss