Election Year!!!

If Palin had her way though, some of them books would be missing.

Am I the only one that finds Palin wishing to ban books f'n crazy?

no, it is crazy. not surprising, though -- it fits with most of the other rights she's not concerned about.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, it is crazy. not surprising, though -- it fits with most of the other rights she's not concerned about.

are we talking about literally making books illegal or having them removed from a school library or something? i missed the link if there was one.

8e9419567c.jpg

:lol this is the very first genuine guffaw you've given me. thanks, and i mean it!

If Palin had her way though, some of them books would be missing.

Am I the only one that finds Palin wishing to ban books f'n crazy?

Is she really a book banner?

The Trib On-line's headline "So much for Privacy" with apicture of the kids arriving at the airport with McCain there to greet the. The guy looks thrilled.

316pycj.gif

is that stephen doing his "law and order" episode?

are we talking about literally making books illegal or having them removed from a school library or something? i missed the link if there was one.

Yeah, she attempted to have books removed from a school library, kinda like on Footloose. -Wren

Here's just 1 to get you started,it's way down on the article though.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/...1837918,00.html

Stein says that as mayor, Palin continued to inject religious beliefs into her policy at times. "She asked the library how she could go about banning books," he says, because some voters thought they had inappropriate language in them. "The librarian was aghast." That woman, Mary Ellen Baker, couldn't be reached for comment, but news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire Baker for not giving "full support" to the mayor.

4dab43c5a4.jpg

:lol :lol

That one was certainly funnier. But like Basil, I prefer some substantive controversy in my gaffes. You know, like saying you don't know what the job you're about to be nominated for entails..........

yeah, i wouldn't call these "gaffes".

Is she really a book banner?

The Trib On-line's headline "So much for Privacy" with apicture of the kids arriving at the airport with McCain there to greet the. The guy looks thrilled.

Yes on the trying to ban books and fire those who disagreed.

McCain @ airport, insert puking smiley here_____.

is that stephen doing his "law and order" episode?

No, he did this only moments ago in response to Kwall

804a75c72b.jpg

Put me on! Put me on! Put me on!!!!

Here's just 1 to get you started,it's way down on the article though.

hmm, this is kindof scant evidence, although i agree it doesn't look good. i also don't like the term "ban" for having books removed from a library, although she is quoted as saying so in this article. i need more info.

48df88e28e.jpg

So to answer your overall question, like any VP pick it was partly political and partly ideological. She doesn't represent the perfect choice in my mind, but she shares enough of my views to where I'm excited about the possibilities the ticket represents.

But what happens if McCain dies? Do you really think her experience has prepared her to be president?

If I wanted someone whose political views were the same as mine, McCain might as well pick... well, me! But I've been a public school teacher for 16 years. I'm not ready to negotiate with Putin, Sarkozy, etc. She has been governor of Alaska (population approx. 650,000) for less than 2 years.

Obama (who I still won't vote for, probably) has been a legislator and Senator for more than 10 years. Go back a couple of years and Palin was mayor of a small town. I truly shudder at the thought of her taking the Oath of Office.

And they are scrubbing the myspace of Wasilla too? Oh, the horror. Talk about censorship...a comment from Wasilla online newspaper:

" I am interested in who is responsible for the "privatization" of all wasilla myspace users. As of late last night profiles were public...now they are either under "routine maintenance" or set to private or in some cases...deleted.

Could it be that images of teens drinking, holding guns and mobbing has the gop worried about Palin's image in the lower 48? "

But what happens if McCain dies? Do you really think her experience has prepared her to be president?

If I wanted someone whose political views were the same as mine, McCain might as well pick... well, me! But I've been a public school teacher for 16 years. I'm not ready to negotiate with Putin, Sarkozy, etc. She has been governor of Alaska (population approx. 650,000) for less than 2 years.

Obama (who I still won't vote for, probably) has been a legislator and Senator for more than 10 years. Go back a couple of years and Palin was mayor of a small town. I truly shudder at the thought of her taking the Oath of Office.

I don't vote based on who might die when. It's way too speculative, especially within the next year.

However, I do think the experience and knowledge she will gain throughout the rest of the campaign and as vice president will adequately prepare her if the worst-case scenario does happen and something happens to McCain. I also trust the decisions McCain will make in constructing a cabinet and administration that would surround her and advise her in the unlikely event of a McCain death.

my 83-year-old mother just wrote to this to me in an email:

"Hi - I really am stunned that McCain would pick a young mother who might

end up being president. She is certainly not qualified now and with

five young children she should tend to her family for awhile yet. Maybe

if she had been her 17-year old daughter wouldn't be pregnant.

How can anybody vote for him, and wouldn't it be gruesome if he got to

be president!"

politics aside, as a teenager i wanted her to go out and get a job So Bad!