• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you standing up against the death penalty? Lots of innocent people there are wrongly killed. How about war, anyone innocent killed in war? How about the people who die in this country because of poor healthcare, or lack of healthcare? How about children killed in child abuse. Mothers killed by husbands?Kids who die from vaccinations. Kids that die in violence at school?

I'm pro-life

I'm against the death penalty

I'm against the war

I wish everyone had quality healthcare.

It's unfortunate kids are killed in child abuse. I support any programs designed to help children out of abusive situations.

It's also unfortunate that mothers are killed by husbands. I also support any woman who has experience any sort of domestic violence to seek help. I also support any programs to help battered women.

More kids die from a lack of vaccinations than from the vaccinations themselves. This is kind of a dumb argument.

I support anti-bullying programs and encourage my kids to be compassionate to all of the kids in school. I teach them that it's not ok to pick on any kid for any reason and to try to be a friend to everyone. I think if more parents taught their kids to follow the golden rule, it would help a lot.

It's not as simple as a woman making a choice about her own body, and everyone here knows that.

Yeah it is. Anyone not bearing the child can only serve in an advisory capacity when that decision is made.

Yeah it is. Anyone not bearing the child can only serve in an advisory capacity when that decision is made.

OK. I'm going to go inject some heroin into my body or even worse: smoke a cigar in a bar. Afterwards, I plan on selling one of my kidneys to a wealthy patient in renal failure. I would welcome any advice you have, but you'd better not try to stop me.

Are you standing up against the death penalty?

yes.

Lots of innocent people there are wrongly killed.

agreed.

How about war, anyone innocent killed in war?

yes.

How about the people who die in this country because of poor healthcare, or lack of healthcare? How about children killed in child abuse. Mothers killed by husbands?Kids who die from vaccinations. Kids that die in violence at school?

ok, where are we going here? i'm against death in general.

I agree with you on society imposing way too many restrictions on individual choices, so why make another one? I respect your family, and your pro-life stance, we just don't agree on abortion.

my point wasn't that society imposes way too many restrictions on individual choices (although i could be convinced of that, but that's another subject). my point was that our society routinely and validly imposes restrictions on individual choices and to defend abortion rights on the basis that it's wrong to restrict individual choices doesn't make sense to me.

I think there are plenty of other issues to talk about. Here are a few:

War in Iraq

War in Afganistan

Economy

Education

Healthcare

Social security

Equal pay

I'm pro-life

I'm against the death penalty

I'm against the war

I wish everyone had quality healthcare.

It's unfortunate kids are killed in child abuse. I support any programs designed to help children out of abusive situations.

It's also unfortunate that mothers are killed by husbands. I also support any woman who has experience any sort of domestic violence to seek help. I also support any programs to help battered women.

More kids die from a lack of vaccinations than from the vaccinations themselves. This is kind of a dumb argument.

I support anti-bullying programs and encourage my kids to be compassionate to all of the kids in school. I teach them that it's not ok to pick on any kid for any reason and to try to be a friend to everyone. I think if more parents taught their kids to follow the golden rule, it would help a lot.

That's a nice list.I respect that. Not all those who are pro-life care about these issues.

OK. I'm going to go inject some heroin into my body or even worse: smoke a cigar in a bar. Afterwards, I plan on selling one of my kidneys to a wealthy patient in renal failure. I would welcome any advice you have, but you'd better not try to stop me.

Wouldn't dream of it. This is, after all, America.

That's a nice list.I respect that. Not all those who are pro-life care about these issues.

who are these pro-life people that you know that support all manner of horrible death? i would advise you to not form your opinion of the pro-life crowd based on them.

...or i can go and talk about you and others in another thread versus debating when a fetus has achieved personhood. whatever.

So tell me El, what do you call these kind of posts you make? Not that I care, I think they are funny most of the time, but if you want to call others out on having silly post after post without substance you deem worthy...

Oh, and this post is equal to the one where you changed my name to moron :yes .

Wouldn't dream of it. This is, after all, America.

But the government would. I don't see the Supreme Court upholding my right to sell my organs anytime soon.

who are these pro-life people that you know that support all manner of horrible death? i would advise you to not form your opinion of the pro-life crowd based on them.

Some republicans who love senseless war, but see abortion as horrible murder, for starters. Just let my opinion stand, I left yours alone. I said 50 times I respect it already. Do you want a kiss? Let me have mine, you can have yours.

Peace2n54z4.jpg

Some republicans who love senseless war, but see abortion as horrible murder, for starters. Just let my opinion stand, I left yours alone. I said 50 times I respect it already. Do you want a kiss? Let me have mine, you can have yours.

Peace2n54z4.jpg

ok, that's cool. i would like to point out, though, that you're the one who challenged my position on child-abusers, wife-killers, etc, and then when i bristle at being lumped in with them, i'm being unreasonable.

ok, that's cool. i would like to point out, though, that you're the one who challenged my position on child-abusers, wife-killers, etc, and then when i bristle at being lumped in with them, i'm being unreasonable.

Nope, I clearly said I wasn't doing this. I said it's a prob I have with some people, not you.

Word for word I said, "Maybe you do speak out on these issues, but many pro-life advocates could care less about those over the baby age. I'm not assuming you don't care, just making a point against only a baby's life mattering, not an innocent man being put to death because he didn't have the best lawyer.I respect your family, and your pro-life stance, we just don't agree on abortion".

2n54z4.jpg

Here we go. I hope this election is at least one thing, fair with all votes counted.

Don't count on it. Here's a few headlines today from Black Box Voting

WISCONSIN - System fails to match voter registration info for more than half of Wisconsin's chief elections officials.

NEW ENGLAND - Voting machines in Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine are programmed by a single firm, LHS Associates. Connecticut report of Feb. 2008 audit results is MISSING. Univ. Connecticut discovered unchecked "duplicate memory cards" but has been unable to examine all of them, 30% of 2007 audit data missing or unusable. And the other four LHS-programmed states aren't even checking any of this.

FLORIDA - 3,500 missing ballots in Palm Beach in an election with an 18-vote spread;

"My Ballot is none of your business." WA Construction workers discover their secret ballot invaded

VotersUnite report exposes vendor usurpation of election controls

CO -- regarding the surprisingly widespread new practice of using "Snoop-Friendly" ballots -- that is, ballots containing unique identifiers which can compromise political privacy.

If nothing else, I'm sure we all agree that every vote should count. Once.

But the government would. I don't see the Supreme Court upholding my right to sell my organs anytime soon.

Am I the U.S. government? If you want to sell your organs, it's OK with me. Shit, a kidney at retail would solve pretty much every money problem I have now.

Am I the U.S. government? If you want to sell your organs, it's OK with me. Shit, a kidney at retail would solve pretty much every money problem I have now.

Here is a small list of body parts you can legally sell in the US. But, you can always go out of the country for some serious cash.

http://www.askmen.com/money/how_to_250/266b_how_to.html

What you should be able to sell is your entire body. By that I mean prostitution. How a business transaction between 2 people is illegal when it involves the rightfully-owned property of the seller will never cease to boggle my mind. It boggles my mind as much as the illegality of an adult purchasing an alcoholic beverage. At the risk of offending, I must say, "WHAT THE FUCK!!".

the point is that it is not unconstitutional for the government to place restrictions on what you do with your own body. and no one would claim that the constitution describes a right to sell your kidney, although the reasoning used in roe v. wade would support such a claim.

What you should be able to sell is your entire body. By that I mean prostitution. How a business transaction between 2 people is illegal when it involves the rightfully-owned property of the seller will never cease to boggle my mind. It boggles my mind as much as the illegality of an adult purchasing an alcoholic beverage. At the risk of offending, I must say, "WHAT THE FUCK!!".

this is a good example of leaving such things up to the states.