TV On the Radio- Dear Science

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I keep hearing how this album really "captures the Zeitgeist of the times" or whatever but I really have only heard a few on the radio. It's on so many best of lists there must be something to it. Another CD I need to find the time to listen to I guess.

Dancing Choose, while somewhat an annoying song (mostly the vocal intro), sounded a lot better at least

Annoying? Really? One of my favorites on the album. I thought the Golden Age performance was weak, too. But there are only a few SNL performances that don't suffer from similar issues. A friend I was watching it with had never heard of them and was impressed even after Golden Age, so hopefully all new listeners had that reaction, much like The Bunk.

Annoying? Really? One of my favorites on the album.

yeah, sorry i just find his delivery on those opening lines really whiny and obnoxious :/. the chorus of it is just fine.

i'd put it very near the middle (if not closer to the bottom) as a result.

wow they sounded terrible on Golden Age... horns overpowered everything :(

I tried to look on the bright side, but when the bass player started singing and the horns blew in........well, needless to say I lost all hope. The second song started out well, but again the problems continued despite a vast improvement in lead vocals. :frusty

yeah, sorry i just find his delivery on those opening lines really whiny and obnoxious :/. the chorus of it is just fine.

i'd put it very near the middle (if not closer to the bottom) as a result.

yeah, i feel the same way :

"he's a what, he's a what, he's a newspaper man..."

I think this song is more the style of their previous albums (from reviews I read) and I could never get into what I heard from them.