Bolivia and Latin America

Anyone else keeping up the developments in Bolivia and Venezuela?

I don't know about anyone else but its very exciting to see these two great leaders stand up to the United States. If you aren't aware of the situation in both countries check out these posts from my blog.

Bolivia and Venezuela Strike Back (this post features the developments of the past few days)

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised (this post features a film about the US backed coup that took place in Venezuela in 2002. It also features Noam Chomsky's comments on the event).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is crazy how the politics are down there and there is something to be said about Chavez and his control over Venezuela and a huge supply of Oil. I am supprised Bush hasn't done more about him? Also...pardon my geek geography statement. Venezuela is not part of Latin America.

Yeah. Hugo Chavez is a great leader. Ok. Cool.

Yeah. F Hugo Chavez. Just another demagogue trying to be the next Castro.

It is crazy how the politics are down there and there is something to be said about Chavez and his control over Venezuela and a huge supply of Oil. I am supprised Bush hasn't done more about him? Also...pardon my geek geography statement. Venezuela is not part of Latin America.

well he tried. There was a US back coup in 2002 (plenty of info on the second link.)

And they are trying to do the same in bolivia.

I guess the rest of you should keep drinking the kool aid.

It's a novel by Upton Sinclair. Check it out.

I haven't read it but saw the film. I just read The Jungle a few weeks ago.

Like castro, hugo Chavez has a lot of support from white, college aged stoners, but the people who left venezUala when've took over aren't nearly as fond of him.

hahaha

Of course you wouldn't be fond of him/them if you had been wealthy. Its not too different from how most americans would/do refuse to change lifestyle in order to save our planet.

Funniest thing I've heard all day, Comrade.

I mean is it really that funny?

ETA: Are the sanctions we have held on Cuba funny? How about the mentioned coup in 2002?

hahaha

Of course you wouldn't be fond of him/them if you had been wealthy. Its not too different from how most americans would/do refuse to change lifestyle in order to save our planet.

Chavez at two times during his presidency has sought and achieved the power to rule by decree. How freedom-loving is that?