Obama election night rally in Chicago

I have no clue; just asking the Q

:monkey

Obama to hold Election Night rally in Chicago

Outdoor location is not being disclosed, but an announcement is likely this week, Democrat's campaign says

Tribune staff report

October 21, 2008

Sen. Barack Obama will appear at a major Election Night rally in Chicago, but the site remained undisclosed Monday, about two weeks before the event.

The Obama campaign has said the event will take place outdoors, but the campaign and city officials have not confirmed the location. Grant Park appears to be a leading contender, but the Chicago Park District said Monday that it had not yet received a permit application. A campaign spokesman said an announcement was likely later this week.

While attendees could face chilly weather Nov. 4, it would almost certainly be no colder than the frigid February 2007 day when Obama announced his presidential bid on the steps of the Old State Capitol in Springfield

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FROM THE OBAMA CAMPAIGN TO MEDIA....

The following coverage resource packages are available for purchase:

* Main Riser Position - $935 (Includes 4 Main Riser Credentials, 5'x8' Slot on Covered Main Riser and one 20 amp circuit)

* Main Riser Position with Telecommunications - $1870 (Includes Main Riser Position services, PLUS two unlimited long distance/local phone lines and one wired high speed internet connection)

* Cut Riser Position - $880 (Includes 4 Cut Riser Credentials, 5'x8' Slot on Covered Cut Riser, one 20 amp circuit)

* Cut Riser Position with Telecommunications - $1815 (Includes Cut Riser Position services, PLUS two unlimited long distance/local phone lines and one wired high speed internet connection)

* Press File Seat - $935 (includes 1 Press File Credential, seat in heated Press File Tent, Power, Cable Television, High Speed Wired Internet Service, Catering)

* Satellite Truck Position - $900 (includes 35'x20' parking position and 100 amp electrical service)

* Radio Position - $715 (includes table space and chair behind the riser, power and an ISDN BRI line for radio -- comes with two credentials)

Billing information must be submitted at as part of the request. Your credit card will not be charged until the campaign confirms your coverage resource package request.

Additional services may be purchased a la carte:

* Unlimited Long Distance Phone Line - $300

* High Speed Wired Internet - $275

* One 20 amp circuit - $165

For telephone service internet connectivity and additional power, orders must be placed by October 23rd, 2008. For questions on pricing or additional telecommunications assistance, please contact (deleted)

The following credentials may be requested at no cost:

* General Press Area - No Charge (Includes access to bike racked press area with standing room only)

You must fill out the form to the right to request each individual General Press Area credential.

Request media credentials for the Election Night event:

Credentials to access the General Media Area are available at no cost. Please note that the General Media Area is outdoors, unassigned and may have obstructed views. General Media Area credentials do not include access to riser positions, satellite truck parking or the press filing center.

A friend of mine has had a block of hotel rooms in DC booked for inauguration week for nearly a year now. I'd really like to go anyway, but I've told her if Wilco will be playing, I'm in for sure. :badger

My guess.....Wilco will play to half or so million people...(all the non-Obama fans can stay home and listen to Radiohead....and feel depressed while the rest of us party our brains out wherever we are...)

LouieB

My guess.....Wilco will play to half or so million people...(all the non-Obama fans can stay home and listen to Radiohead....and feel depressed while the rest of us party our brains out wherever we are...)

LouieB

I'll be taking the next day off, fer sure.

LouieB

This Radiohead bit is gold.

I'll be taking the next day off, fer sure.

That's the spirit! Blow off your employer in the name of Obama!

Is it possible to like both Wilco and Radiohead? Just wondering.

Sure.....which is exactly why I am suggesting that on the night Wilco's choice for president wins...you may not want to listen to them if you didn't support him.....(its a joke!!!! well sort of...)

LouieB

What do we listen to if Obama loses?

Maybe a three-hour Wilco set if counting goes deep into the night!

I am not sure if I would go; only if I could be somewhere sort of protected. Not a fan of big crowd scenes. Plus I am still on "Wilco probation" :lol

Maybe a three-hour Wilco set if counting goes deep into the night!

I am not sure if I would go; only if I could be somewhere sort of protected. Not a fan of big crowd scenes. Plus I am still on "Wilco probation" :lol

I am sure it will all be webcasted..some of us can huddle around a computer attached to a big screen TV.

LouieB

LouieB

Hell Yeah!

I get election day off, so if anyone wants to start early....

LouieB

I'm taking Election Day off. "Personal business". No way in hell will I be able to concentrate on work - I'm sure I'll be (even more than usual) batshit that day.

Wilco, or GD? Decisions, decisions...

(all the non-Obama fans can stay home and listen to Radiohead....and feel depressed while the rest of us party our brains out wherever we are...)

LouieB

Hm. I like Radiohead. And for most people Wilco isn't really party music either.

Why do you sign your forum screenname after each post? If I wanted to see who posted the message I just read I could easily look in the appropriate spot, right? And that Justin guy does this too. This sort of bothers me.

I'm taking Election Day off. "Personal business". No way in hell will I be able to concentrate on work - I'm sure I'll be (even more than usual) batshit that day.

You should really be taking the day after Election Day off.

Now that I mention it, I think I'll do that myself. :stunned

Hm. I like Radiohead. And for most people Wilco isn't really party music either.

Why do you sign your forum screenname after each post? If I wanted to see who posted the message I just read I could easily look in the appropriate spot, right? And that Justin guy does this too. This sort of bothers me.

Radiohead is cry in your synth music for the losers....Wilco is party music from Obama's home town band for the winners.

Bugged or not, I will continue to sign my name at the bottom.....I started with my first post here many moons ago and don't intend to stop......(considering you only have 22 posts, ....one is to complain about this???)

LouieB

Wow.

Be sure to give us regular updates on that whole "getting the world to behave exactly the way I want them to" thing.

cryptique

Radiohead is cry in your synth music for the losers....Wilco is party music from Obama's home town band for the winners.

Bugged or not, I will continue to sign my name at the bottom.....I started with my first post here many moons ago and don't intend to stop......(considering you only have 22 posts, ....one is to complain about this???)

LouieB

wow, you have been pretty ornery lately