Obama election night rally in Chicago

I'll be sure to get rid of all my radiohead albums. As an aside, is Wilco really Chicago's hometown band? I imagine we could comprise a list of chicago based bands that might be of a variety other than the obscure alt.country type.

There is a band called Chicago! OMG!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I foresee quite a few disappointed fans when they show up to see Wilco and get Fleetwood Mac.

OK I have to get back to listening to The Bends.

My guess.....Wilco will play to half or so million people...(all the non-Obama fans can stay home and listen to Radiohead....and feel depressed while the rest of us party our brains out wherever we are...)

LouieB

I don't think McCain supporters are big followers of Radiohead...

wow, you have been pretty ornery lately
Not really.....

I'll be sure to get rid of all my radiohead albums. As an aside, is Wilco really Chicago's hometown band? I imagine we could comprise a list of chicago based bands that might be of a variety other than the obscure alt.country type.
Let's see..is Wilco a Chicago hometown band?? Jeff Tweedy lives here with his family (he doesn't live in LA or New York), John lives here with his family (including a young child), Glenn lives here with his family (including a baby), Pat lives here. Both Nels and Mikal spend a ton of time here although one lives west and one lives east I guess. They spent a five night residency here...etc etc. Yea, I think they are from Chicago...

Sure there are tons of bands here, but with the possible exception of the Smashing Pumpkins :yucky and Fall Out Boy :yucky :yucky there is not a bigger band from Chicago at the moment....is there??

I don't think McCain supporters are big followers of Radiohead...
Gawd, its a joke................

LouieB

I'm taking Election Day off. "Personal business". No way in hell will I be able to concentrate on work - I'm sure I'll be (even more than usual) batshit that day.

Wilco, or GD? Decisions, decisions...

But...no nailbiting goes on on Election Day until around 9pm eastern...admit it: you just want the day off!

(I think E Day should be a national holiday anyway)

It's OK. I'm sure he'll use his day off to go out and stimulate the economy.

I have a ton of vacation days racked up....maybe I'll take the rest of the week off to celebrate the return of sanity to America with the election of Obama. I see the consumption of many, many Belgium beers in my near future!!

My guess.....Wilco will play to half or so million people...(all the non-Obama fans can stay home and listen to Radiohead....and feel depressed while the rest of us party our brains out wherever we are...)

LouieB

I like Obama. Is it okay if I also listen to Radiohead?

I'll probably be listening to neither on election night though.

Sirens, breaking glass, and mass hysteria.

I'm late to this thread but the above made me laugh out loud. Thank you. :thumbup

Why do you sign your forum screenname after each post? If I wanted to see who posted the message I just read I could easily look in the appropriate spot, right? And that Justin guy does this too. This sort of bothers me.

fuck off.

~theshua

If Wilco plays at the celebration, I already know the opening song:

Jesus Christ for President

I hope not. That would do nothing to dissuade the GOP's attitudes toward the Messiah-like treatment they believe Obama is getting.

Best to avoid that kettle of fish altogether.

Here's another:

"The Unwelcome Guest"

To the rich man's bright lodges

I ride in this wind

On my good horse, I call you

My shiny black Bess

To the playhouse of fortune

To take the bright silver

And gold you have taken

From somebody else

And as we go riding

In the damp foggy midnight

You snort, my good pony

And you give me your best

For you know and I know

Good horse 'mongst the rich ones

How oftimes we go there

An unwelcome guest

I never took food

From the widows and orphans

And never a hardworking man I oppressed

So take your pace easy

For home soon like lightning

We soon will be riding

My shiny black Bess

No fat rich man's pony

Can ever overtake you

And there's not a rider

From the east to the west

Could hold you a light

In this dark mist and midnight

When the potbellied thieves

Chase the unwelcome guest

I don't know, good horse

As we trot in this dark here

That robbing the rich

Is for worse or for best

They take it by stealing

And lying and gambling

And I take it my way

My shiny Black Bess

I treat horses good

And I'm friendly to strangers

I ride and your running

Makes my guns talk the best

And the rangers and deputies

Are hired by the rich man

To catch me and hang me

My shining black Bess

Yes, they'll catch me napping one day

And they'll kill me

And then I'll be gone

But that won't be my end

For my guns and my saddle

Will always be filled

By unwelcome travelers

And other brave men

And they'll take the money

And spread it out equal

Just like the Bible

And the prophets suggest

But men that go riding

To help these poor workers

The rich will cut down

Like an unwelcome guest

I hope not. That would do nothing to dissuade the GOP's attitudes toward the Messiah-like treatment they believe Obama is getting.

Best to avoid that kettle of fish altogether.

Nah.....it'd be a subtle poke in the eye of the GOP beast.

I'm Paul B and I support that idea.

Radiohead is cry in your synth music for the losers....Wilco is party music from Obama's home town band for the winners.

Bugged or not, I will continue to sign my name at the bottom.....I started with my first post here many moons ago and don't intend to stop......(considering you only have 22 posts, ....one is to complain about this???)

LouieB

I guess I shouldn't question what the mighty forum elders choose to do, considering I haven't spent nearly as much time posting thousands of messages on an internet forum, thereby invalidating my remark. Like you said though, you've been doing it since day one, and far be it from me to ask you about the thousands of times you've been compelled to put your screenname after your message in a post. I was just wondering.

I guess I shouldn't question what the mighty forum elders choose to do, considering I haven't spent nearly as much time posting thousands of messages on an internet forum, thereby invalidating my remark. Like you said though, you've been doing it since day one, and far be it from me to ask you about the thousands of times you've been compelled to put your screenname after your message in a post. I was just wondering.

If you want to be friends, you're gonna have to start kissing a little more ass.