Obama election night rally in Chicago

Amazing isn't it.....I have lost an old and close friend who believes Obama is going to destroy Israel right off that bat. I guess this election is a rorchach test of sorts for all the wackos....

LouieB

I can't tell how serious your being but......... Obama has pledged to support Israel, did you and your friend not see his speech at AIPAC?

As for this election being a psychological test of sorts, are you questioning my sanity lou? Come on now, I'm not the problem or crazy. All I've done is research the issues and candidates and stood by my beliefs. Those who are "crazy" are those of who have let their beliefs take a back seat just to beat the republican party, as if that alone will fix the problems are country has created.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't tell how serious your being but......... Obama has pledged to support Israel, did you and your friend not see his speech at AIPAC?

As for this election being a psychological test of sorts, are you questioning my sanity lou? Come on now, I'm not the problem or crazy. All I've done is research the issues and candidates and stood by my beliefs. Those who are "crazy" are those of who have let their beliefs take a back seat just to beat the republican party, as if that alone will fix the problems are country has created.

Of course Obama has pledged to support Israel, but one of my very oldest friends in the world believes that he is going to turn on them, with the help of Ayers, Wright, and members of the Carter administration dismantle the place; that it is at the top of his agenda, and guess what, alot of Jews believe that. ALOT!! And you believe that Israel should disappear too I suppose (come on fess up...). So really you should support Obama if you believe all the crap that is floating around about what his REAL plans for Israel are.

The fact is that no American politician in his or her right mind is going to oppose the Israel or the Israel lobby, particularly a Democrat (or Republican, but for slightly different reasons) because Jews have voted overwhelming Democratic for decades. So what do you know about the issues?? Nader hates Jews too.....which may more may not be true, but it sure could be true.

I don't think it is appropriate to have the election thread spill over here, but I can read as well as you can and I am simply don't believe any of this, either way. What exactly is the problem with supporting Israel as a state? I don't support the Israeli occupation, but then the problems are wildly complex and there isn't a simple answer to ending the strife over there. (Oh yea, there is...everyone put their fucking guns down......NOW.... who doesn't support that...???)

To some Obama is a dangerous communist (see the other threads and read what people have said about him), he is a Muslim, he is the most leftwing candidate ever put up by the Democrats, he pals around with terrorists. To others he is a capitalist patsy and no different than the Replicans and according to Nader a sham. And that bastard Jeff Tweedy.....he pals around with whichever Obama you want to see, the patsy or the sham. What is HE thinking...???

And what backseat are we talking about here? So really you don't want to defeat the Republicans either I guess. See saying something doesn't make it so. All we can do is see what happens. Obama remains, even at this late hour, our best hope for the future.

LouieB

Of course Obama has pledged to support Israel, but one of my very oldest friends in the world believes that he is going to turn on them, with the help of Ayers, Wright, and members of the Carter administration dismantle the place; that it is at the top of his agenda, and guess what, alot of Jews believe that. ALOT!! And you believe that Israel should disappear too I suppose (come on fess up...). So really you should support Obama if you believe all the crap that is floating around about what his REAL plans for Israel are.

The fact is that no American politician in his or her right mind is going to oppose the Israel or the Israel lobby, particularly a Democrat (or Republican, but for slightly different reasons) because Jews have voted overwhelming Democratic for decades. So what do you know about the issues?? Nader hates Jews too.....which may more may not be true, but it sure could be true.

I don't think it is appropriate to have the election thread spill over here, but I can read as well as you can and I am simply don't believe any of this, either way. What exactly is the problem with supporting Israel as a state? I don't support the Israeli occupation, but then the problems are wildly complex and there isn't a simple answer to ending the strife over there. (Oh yea, there is...everyone put their fucking guns down......NOW.... who doesn't support that...???)

To some Obama is a dangerous communist (see the other threads and read what people have said about him), he is a Muslim, he is the most leftwing candidate ever put up by the Democrats, he pals around with terrorists. To others he is a capitalist patsy and no different than the Replicans and according to Nader a sham. And that bastard Jeff Tweedy.....he pals around with whichever Obama you want to see, the patsy or the sham. What is HE thinking...???

And what backseat are we talking about here? So really you don't want to defeat the Republicans either I guess. See saying something doesn't make it so. All we can do is see what happens. Obama remains, even at this late hour, our best hope for the future.

LouieB

I don't "hate the jews", why is that any time someone speaks of the human rights injustices in israel someone screams "JEW HATER!".

Nader by the way doesn't hate Jews, it isn't a matter of hating Jews (he actually supports a two state solution). The Israel government has systematically tried to destroy the Palestine people. The occupation is a crime against humanity. There is also plenty of documentation citing that Israel is in possession of a nuclear weapon.

If anyone has a problem with a religious group its the american people. Its as if the word muslim has become a derogatory word.

The back seat I spoke of was

Civil liberties - Obama voted to re-authorize the patriot act and failed to filibuster the FISA bill like he said he would.

Middle East- Obama will leave an estimated 50,000 troops in Iraq. He wants to increase troop levels in Afghanistan. In a new york times editorial he openly threatened Pakistan. He has also pledged to increase military funding.

I'm not going to sit here all day and explain how he fails to on almost every issue (except taxation). I've posted tons of articles on this site about his voting record and stances over the past three months.

After 8 years of George Bush, we deserved a hell of a lot better then Barack Obama.

I don't "hate the jews", why is that any time someone speaks of the human rights injustices in israel someone screams "JEW HATER!".

Nader by the way doesn't hate Jews, it isn't a matter of hating Jews (he actually supports a two state solution). The Israel government has systematically tried to destroy the Palestine people. The occupation is a crime against humanity. There is also plenty of documentation citing that Israel is in possession of a nuclear weapon.

If anyone has a problem with a religious group its the american people. Its as if the word muslim has become a derogatory word.

The back seat I spoke of was

Civil liberties - Obama voted to re-authorize the patriot act and failed to filibuster the FISA bill like he said he would.

Middle East- Obama will leave an estimated 50,000 troops in Iraq. He wants to increase troop levels in Afghanistan. In a new york times editorial he openly threatened Pakistan. He has also pledged to increase military funding.

I'm not going to sit here all day and explain how he fails to on almost every issue (except taxation). I've posted tons of articles on this site about his voting record and stances over the past three months.

After 8 years of George Bush, we deserved a hell of a lot better then Barack Obama.

Your ignorance is blinding.

Of course neither Obama nor Nader hates Jews (or do they??). We can never really tell what people feel in their hearts; we just have to believe and I believe in Barack Obama and that despite a few misteps he is still the best (and most likely to win) candidate that reflects my beliefs.

There are many times (as I have said many times as well) that we must compromise even our deepest convictions in order to bring about consensus.

Although I don't plan to go downtown tomorrow, my soul and my heart will be there......and I certainly wish that Wilco could be too...

LouieB

I don't think McCain supporters are big followers of Radiohead...

Please explain how you've reached this conclusion. Also, please advise if I'm still allowed to listen to Wilco if I don't follow their politics.

Sorry to drop a deuce on all of the gleeful panegyrics in these parts... but I have another question: what are we going to be partying about? The results of a Presidential election? Is this like, in the spirit of a Super Bowl party, or American Idol fan-jam? Wooo-ooo! I thought "Rock the Vote" went out with Tabitha Soren.

Please explain how you've reached this conclusion. Also, please advise if I'm still allowed to listen to Wilco if I don't follow their politics.

Sorry to drop a deuce on all of the gleeful panegyrics in these parts... but I have another question: what are we going to be partying about? The results of a Presidential election? Is this like, in the spirit of a Super Bowl party, or American Idol fan-jam? Wooo-ooo! I thought "Rock the Vote" went out with Tabitha Soren.

wow, you've proven yourself to be a big fucking idiot. congrats.

I'm not too sure about this part. Is this supposed to sway me to vote against Obama? Because it's not working, my friend. ;)

Woody_Guthrie_1.jpg

I've always wondered...just how many fascists did that guitar do in?

Yeah. Serves me right for spending so much time standing outside of my local Gore/ Lieberman HQ after the hotly contested 2000 election, waving my "Sore/Loserman" sign. Hey... wait, I'd never do anything that idiotic. But then again, I'm not the kind of person who parties on Presidential election nights, or makes silly message board icons depicting my opposing candidates as monsters.

No, but I doubt you were out there tossing Sore Loserman signs into the trash, either.

It seems callow of you to be at all surprised or shocked by this kind of discourse on Election day in any event. People are pissed at the way the last 8 years have gone and rightfully so. The last time the country experienced any sustained economic growth, Clinton was in the White House and people celebrated a lot then, too.

As for the avatar, it was based on a painting of Palin sighted in NYC - I merely linked to it.