My vote is still up for grabs

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCain is a cranky old man whose nickname is "McRage." worst of all, Palin. Palin Palin Palin. most ignorant politician I've seen since Dan Quayle.

Obama is intellectually curious, smart, open, even tempered and I believe he will do good things and make good decisions for our country.

so there's that.

McCain is a cranky old man whose nickname is "McRage." worst of all, Palin. Palin Palin Palin. most ignorant politician I've seen since Dan Quayle.

Obama is intellectually curious, smart, open, even tempered and I believe he will do good things and make good decisions for our country.

so there's that.

Ok, noted. Thanks.

Obama while an eloquent speaker has a voice that often comes off a smug and condescending.

On the other hand, McCain has started to sound more and more like R. Lee Ermey as he

But which guy is better for the environment? The economy? National security? Which will make the country a better (or at least less shitty) place for my kids to grow up?

Obama. duh!

plus, I don't believe McCain is the healthiest person running for president and he's also the oldest to ever run. this means that if he dies, "you know who" will be president. :barf

Interesting.

But which guy is better for the environment? The economy? National security? Which will make the country a better (or at least less shitty) place for my kids to grow up?

Seriously...help me decide.

Jesus, do you have me on ignore and didn't even watch the video I linked to (which I haven't watched yet)?

Do you really think any of this will change for the better if either of these two get elected? Come on.

"I think I'll call you Private Joker."

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-...0,6236237.story

How Can You Possibly Be Undecided?

It's a bit odd that we give the Undecided Voter such a privileged place in American elections. Because from a civic standpoint, few creatures are as contemptible. This election has dominated every form of American news media for the better part of two years. Newspapers, magazines, networks, cable, radio, blogs, people on street corners with signs -- it's really been rather hard to miss. Further, it pits two extremely different candidates against each other. Whether your metric is age, ideology, temperament, race, funding sources, healthcare plans or Iraq strategies, it would be hard to imagine two men presenting a starker contrast.

Given the length of the campaign, the ads, the debates, the rallies, the talk shows, the blogs, the polls, the robo-calls, the attacks and rebuttals, if you're still undecided, what do you need to hear to make up your mind?

Do you really think any of this will change for the better if either of these two get elected? Come on.

"I think I'll call you Private Joker."

is your nickname Eeyore? you're almost as bad as my mother.

dale, while i think obama is the better choice for the environment, the economy, and national security, and will make this a better country for your kids to grow up in, it is specifically his vision of the ways in which we need to work with the rest of the world that i think holds the most promise and is most important. i talked about this in a post about a month ago, which i'm copying and pasting here (slightly edited). sorry for the length! :

. . . mccain's downfall is that he sees most everything through a militaristic vision, a path of destruction and forceful control. even just as an end unto itself, and where does this lead? mccain's view makes him a real throwback in my eyes, and devoid of possibilities for a future world powered mainly by diplomacy and devoid of possibilities for long-lasting communications (even though they might never be complete agreements). no matter what the fallback means are (and they are usually militaristic), if continual, focused, all-out-effort diplomacy -- along with firm stances but without immediate last-resort invasions and bombs -- fails, then i think the world fails, we fail ourselves and others. not only are we no longer a beacon in the world, we are becoming its waterloo. and so i think we must try, much harder than until now, to keep at it and to persuade others of the future that lies there. otherwise, what future, for anyone? mccain keeps saying "country first," but what about "world first"? "country first" is not going to cut it in the long run; we've been doing that for quite a while now, and all it has brought is isolation and well-earned fear of others.

i don't understand when people don't put mass violence as only a last resort in their "arsenal." if we end up with a president, as we have now, who is eager to stick our sword in middle-eastern ground in this superficial and extremely prideful way, i think that if bush is not our last president, mccain may well be. the same sword-first people handle and advise them both. it would be like watching what we are supposedly (told we are) fighting for in iraq swirl right down our own drain. it's crazy.

who has the larger vision to see beyond the very old crap and to think and look ahead while leading? clearly it's barack obama. you know, i Really Don't Like politicians, but yet another one will be our next president, and i hope it's the one who sees the world through a broader lens and can conceive of many roads to peace, not only the bomb-them-out path. because that's a vicious circle. my friends . . .