Congrats to President-Elect OBAMA

I'm tellin ya, this is absurd.....

If these folks are looking for corruption they should look no further than the Daley machine and the IL powerbrokers, but as I mentioned, in IL these guys are all in bed together (major cluster fuck territory here...) so it is not to their advantage to call out Barack on being part of what is system wide corruption. These tenuous connections to Ayers and Rashid Khalidi (who has been on news shows representing the Palestinian cause for years..)is just ridiculous and has no traction with anyone but the most cynical of right wingers...

LouieB

They are grasping at straws.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup....its all over now Baby Blue....

LouieB

That's what I have been telling my wife, but she is still nervous so we heading over to LaPorte, IN to canvas for Obama tomorrow morning. It would be great to turn Indiana Blue for this election.

Last weekend we went to Fort Wayne to canvas, focusing on the early vote: for those who were home, most have voted already or were planning to before this Tuesday, so that was very promising.

It was a bit funny in Fort Wayne, near Obama's election office all the parking meters had bags over them and no parking signs were post all over the area. We later found out that a Palin rally was scheduled for later in the day. "Sadly" we needed to head back to Chicago and we missed it.

Anyway I agree with you Lou, I think it is a done deal.

Everybody just needs to make sure to actually vote!

From Salon:

Palin doesn't understand First Amendment

In a radio interview that aired Friday morning, Sarah Palin said Americans' First Amendment rights are in danger. Ironically, it's apparently the press who's threatening those rights:

"If [the media] convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations," Palin said, "then I don't know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media."

That is, to be clear, a fundamental misunderstanding of what the First Amendment is about. Let's review the text:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

To put it succinctly: the press can't violate Palin's First Amendment rights. If the government were to criminalize her speech, that would be a violation. But what the press is doing in criticizing Palin is exercising the First Amendment.

To put it succinctly: the press can't violate Palin's First Amendment rights. If the government were to criminalize her speech, that would be a violation. But what the press is doing in criticizing Palin is exercising the First Amendment.
And the press is exercising their first amendment rights by criticizing her.

What a fucking idiot she is...

LouieB

They are grasping at straws.

And throwing as much shit at the wall as they can possibly think of, hoping that some of it will stick and people will mindlessly believe what they're hearing. That's what I'm worried about.

Just when you thought the McCain campaign couldn't get any more shocking...

Fire & Police Briefs: Suspected sign swapper, 9, gets shock

CHAPEL HILL -- Shawn Turschak of Chapel Hill was tired of someone stealing McCain-Palin campaign signs from his yard.

So Turschak, who has a degree in electrical engineering, hooked up a sign to a power source for an electric pet fence Monday. Turschak also put up a surveillance camera.

The Raleigh News & Observer reported that on Tuesday, a 9-year-old boy with an Obama-Biden sign grabbed the McCain-Palin sign and got a jolt.

The boy's father, Andrew Noble, then showed up at the Turschak's door, upset that his son had been shocked. Soon, an Orange County sheriff's deputy also showed up at Turschak's home.

Noble says that his son just wanted to see how the campaign sign was put together. Turschak says that the boy intended to swap out the signs.

Sheriff Lindy Pendergrass said he doesn't plan to file charges.

But seriously, it was his private property so I don't really have a problem with what the dude did.

And throwing as much shit at the wall as they can possibly think of, hoping that some of it will stick and people will mindlessly believe what they're hearing. That's what I'm worried about.

Me too - because some do. I have had a conversation about these very things with some people over the past weeks.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...ail-with-palin/

Oh no! See this is what happens when one votes early. I should have waited to see who the Da Coach stumps for.

Oh well, at least Lovie's a supporter.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...earnt31.article

Obviously I'm not surprised by Ditka's stance. But Ditka sure seems to have his hand on the pulse of the job situation in this country.

"Departing somewhat from John McCain's argument that failures on Wall Street and in Washington have imperiled the American worker, Ditka argued that anyone seeking employment can find a job

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...ail-with-palin/

Oh no! See this is what happens when one votes early. I should have waited to see who the Da Coach stumps for.

Oh well, at least Lovie's a supporter.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...earnt31.article

Obviously I'm not surprised by Ditka's stance. But Ditka sure seems to have his hand on the pulse of the job situation in this country.

Lovie's voting like 99 percent of other African-Americans? Shocker.

Wayne Huizenga is saying he'll sell the Dolphins should Obama be elected President. Some estimate Huizenga could save himself 60 million dollars by selling before Obama's tax plan takes effect.

No, not really. People from Chicago, like myself, might just a little. The post was meant to more of a joke.

Oh I wasn't digging at you about it - I was just reacting to that being a news story.

A friend of mine told me the other night that he thinks both candidates have equal chance of dying in office. At first I told him he was nuts, then I thought harder.

A friend of mine told me the other night that he thinks both candidates have equal chance of dying in office. At first I told him he was nuts, then I thought harder.

Sigh - it's something I can't help thinking of whenever I see Obama on a stage.

Sigh - it's something I can't help thinking of whenever I see Obama on a stage.

I know, me too. I just hope nothing happens to him, elected or not.

Well there are a grand number of elected government officials -- many from her own party -- that find her addition to the ticket criminal. And they're not surpressing their comments about it.