Congrats to President-Elect OBAMA

we left the kids home alone for the 1st time a few weeks ago to go to a party next door. I came home for a few minutes to check on them and brought them cookies from the party. An hour or so later my cell phone rings. It's the littlest one (6) in a fake old man voice and he says: "this is obama, bring home 2 chocolate chip cookies and one peanut butter cookie for the children. Again, this is obama".

would you lend this kid out now and then? he is way funnier than our cats. i love this story and it has to be my favorite all year on v.c., bar none. we've been laughing for three hours over here! :worship

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on my way home from the Indy airport last night and stopped to get something to eat. The place had the telly on and it was tuned to Fox, hannity to be exact. hannity had mann coulter and some guy who claimed to be a close friend of RFK on. They were discussing of course Bill Ayers & Obama and Ayer association with the RFK murder. So they are now indirectly connecting Obama to RFK

I was on my way home from the Indy airport last night and stopped to get something to eat. The place had the telly on and it was tuned to Fox, hannity to be exact. hannity had mann coulter and some guy who claimed to be a close friend of RFK on. They were discussing of course Bill Ayers & Obama and Ayer association with the RFK murder. So they are now indirectly connecting Obama to RFK

From Salon:

October surprise: Who's Obama's real father?

Brace yourselves, people: Barack Obama's real father isn't Barack Obama, Sr. His real father is -- wait for it -- Malcolm X.

No, I'm not being serious. But that is the claim being made on Atlas Shrugs, a pretty well-known right-wing blog. (How well-known? Its proprietor, Pamela Geller, has interviewed John Bolton, who served as, essentially, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations earlier in the Bush administration.)

So if you thought the paranoid theories about Obama couldn't get any crazier, clearly you were wrong. In fact, there are now so many floating around that no one can even seem to get their conspiracy theory straight. Andy Martin, the anti-Semite who was a source for one of Sean Hannity's specials about Obama, has retracted his earlier smear, when he said Obama was a Muslim; he now believes Frank Marshall Davis, a Communist, is Obama's real father. On the other hand, Jerome Corsi, the co-author of the book that launched the Swift Boat Vets, has a new article out at WorldNetDaily claiming that in fact Obama and his grandfather used to hang out with Davis at his hot dog stand in Hawaii, which was really just a front for selling cocaine and marijuana. (Corsi's "source" for this one apparently has an uncanny ability to remember in detail just how much cocaine he was buying 33 years ago, not to mention when he bought it and who he bought it from. Very believable.)

Also, Obama has apparently been using the power of hypnosis to brainwash people into voting for him. Here's a snippet from a recent post at the blog of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, a right-wing group:

Is Barack Obama a brilliant orator, captivating millions through his eloquence? Or is he deliberately using the techniques of neurolinguistic programming (NLP), a covert form of hypnosis?

Techniques of trance induction include extra slow speech, rhythm, tonalities, vagueness, visual imagery, metaphor, and raising of emotion. Hypnotists often have patients count. In a speech after the primaries closed, Obama said:

I just want to go on the record to state that Malcolm X is an American hero, and if he WAS Barack's father it shouldn't bother anyone in the least.

I just want to go on the record to state that Malcolm X is an American hero, and if he WAS Barack's father it shouldn't bother anyone in the least.

And it would put an end to the worries about him being an american citizen.

I could tell a very racist story here but I won't since it increminates my family.

"Now that we'll have a black president at least it will still be ok to hate Jews."

Nah, it has to do with Malcolm X. I haven't even talked about this current election with any of my older family members. Lost cause.

What is bizarre about all this is that there is plenty to try and smear Barack with if you simply read the Chicago Tribune and the ongoing coverage of the Governor and his associates. The indictment of Bill Cellini, a power broker for both the Dems and the Republicans will become national news as Obama takes office. To this point not much has come to light to stain Barack's reputation and hopefully nothing will, but if all you are going on is innuendo and speculation, there is plenty here, rather than making up bizarre shit about Barack's background or even trying to tie him to Bill Ayers. But then then Cellini and Rezko helped the Republicans more than the Democrats over the years, so it isn't good to bring them up.

LouieB

Nah, it has to do with Malcolm X. I haven't even talked about this current election with any of my older family members. Lost cause.

PM me?

What is bizarre about all this is that there is plenty to try and smear Barack with if you simply read the Chicago Tribune and the ongoing coverage of the Governor and his associates. The indictment of Bill Cellini, a power broker for both the Dems and the Republicans will become national news as Obama takes office. To this point not much has come to light to stain Barack's reputation and hopefully nothing will, but if all you are going on is innuendo and speculation, there is plenty here, rather than making up bizarre shit about Barack's background or even trying to tie him to Bill Ayers. But then then Cellini and Rezko helped the Republicans more than the Democrats over the years, so it isn't good to bring them up.

LouieB

Palin accuses Obama of ties to second 'radical professor'

Gov. Sarah Palin on Wednesday said Sen. Barack Obama has ties to a Columbia University professor who she said is "a former spokesperson for the Palestinian Liberation Organization."
I'm tellin ya, this is absurd.....

If these folks are looking for corruption they should look no further than the Daley machine and the IL powerbrokers, but as I mentioned, in IL these guys are all in bed together (major cluster fuck territory here...) so it is not to their advantage to call out Barack on being part of what is system wide corruption. These tenuous connections to Ayers and Rashid Khalidi (who has been on news shows representing the Palestinian cause for years..)is just ridiculous and has no traction with anyone but the most cynical of right wingers...

LouieB