Congrats to President-Elect OBAMA

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm not doing this for naught".

There you have it, folks. The Republican VP candidate has already commented publicly (to ABC News) that, in case of a McCain/Palin loss, she will look to contend for "standard bearer" status within the party.

First off, do you not answer that question (about your political future) with the obvious "We're working night and day for next Tuesday, and we'll see what happens after that" comment? It almost has a pessimistic feel to it. If I was JM I'd probably be livid.

And secondly (and most disturbingly) the "for naught" line just reeks so badly of being self-serving it boggles the mind. Spoken like a true beauty pageant contestant.

The "Are you serious?" comment was in response to your assertion that the Obama connection to Ayers and McCain's military record constitutes a false parallel because "McCain is running for president [and] Ayers isn't." Both situations have to do with choices made by a current presidential candidate.

right. it still seems false to me because obama's connection to ayers is so extremely slight and mccain's connection to his own very substantial military experience is, well, as heavy as a connection can get. yet mccain smears obama by trying to connect him to terrorism via ayers, whereas obama refrains from smearing mccain for his own firsthand participation in a mistaken war of aggression (in fact he stupidly praises him for it) and for his later connections to unsavory characters such as liddy and the keating gang. too many differences for me to see a parallel of any significance whatsoever.

if that makes me wrong, so be it. i'm wrong. no problem! :thumbup

whereas obama refrains from smearing mccain for his own firsthand participation in a mistaken war of aggression (in fact he stupidly praises him for it)

if that makes me wrong, so be it. i'm wrong. no problem! :thumbup

Good thing you're not running the campaign. If Obama were to smear McCain 'for his own firsthand participation in a mistaken war of aggression' he'd basically be done in national politics. In fact, he might have to move back to his Muslim home land.

Good thing you're not running the campaign. If Obama were to smear McCain 'for his own firsthand participation in a mistaken war of aggression' he'd basically be done in national politics. In fact, he might have to move back to his Muslim home land.

it is a good thing i'm not running the campaign because i'd hate it, but if i were, advising obama to smear mccain "for his own firsthand participation in a mistaken war of aggression" wouldn't be on my to-do list. duh.

hey, you said it not me. maybe caliber had a point.

:rotfl ever hear of context?

more important, the sky is pink, the grass is gold, and the phillies won. music, art, and my husband are calling me. :wub

you have yourself a beautiful rest of the year.

I am not nearly as cantankerous as I am made out to be, but I do buy beers for VCs all the time...you have one coming...

I look forward to it. I am sure that we'd have a hell of a time making like the Curmudgeon God H. L. Mencken.

My wife and I planned on going to the Residency but I couldn't get tickets. Chicago is one city that we have not visited together. I will happily take you up on your offer one day.

Let me know if you find yourself in the Tampa area.

Just so you know, I'm ashamed that Joe the Plumber is from Ohio.

(Please don't DixieChick me and start burning trashcans full of my posts. Thank you. :wave)

also, this:

Cats Make 'Deposit', Cast Ballot In Kitty Caucus

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- There are dozens of different polls to see who will end up in the White House.

But this one is all about the cats.

The Capital Area Humane Society and local radio station Mix 97.1 teamed up and set up two "ballot" boxes -- actual litter boxes.

The boxes are labeled for each presidential candidate and are set up in the Statehouse atrium.

The cats cast their vote by using the respective litter boxes.

Each day, the boxes are checked and the tally is recorded -- of the Kitty Caucus.

Stay with NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for additional information.

I look forward to it. I am sure that we'd have a hell of a time making like the Curmudgeon God H. L. Mencken.

My wife and I planned on going to the Residency but I couldn't get tickets. Chicago is one city that we have not visited together. I will happily take you up on your offer one day.

Let me know if you find yourself in the Tampa area.

Come on up...read the thread on what to do in Chicago in the meantime...

Meanwhile four years is a long time, but I can't wait for a Palin-Obama debate. You betcha....

LouieB

Just so you know, I'm ashamed that Joe the Plumber is from Ohio.

(Please don't DixieChick me and start burning trashcans full of my posts. Thank you. :wave)

It's ok. I'm from the home of Strom Thurmond and Fritz Hollings.

Um, and we are judged on those with whom we choose to associate. If McCain had a working (or otherwise) relationship with a domestic terrorist, you better believe we would be hearing about it.

G Gordon Libby sorta qualifies, right? After all, he tried to subvert the democratic process with Nixons blessing.

G Gordon Libby sorta qualifies, right? After all, he tried to subvert the democratic process with Nixons blessing.

Yeah, but that was like almost 40 years ago, man. I don't see how that is relevant now.

:shifty

Come back to CT! We've got Giordano, and Rowland, and...

Lieberman?

Besides, every four years Ohio gets to feel all important. There's no drama in CT--you already know who's going to win and you have, what, like .5 electoral votes? Where's the fun in that? Its way more fun to be here and see two of my neighbors that I invited to a Halloween party for our kids last weekend almost get in a fistfight in my kitchen over the one guy's Obama yard sign. Democracy in action!!! :usa

"I'm not doing this for naught".

There you have it, folks. The Republican VP candidate has already commented publicly (to ABC News) that, in case of a McCain/Palin loss, she will look to contend for "standard bearer" status within the party.

First off, do you not answer that question (about your political future) with the obvious "We're working night and day for next Tuesday, and we'll see what happens after that" comment? It almost has a pessimistic feel to it. If I was JM I'd probably be livid.

And secondly (and most disturbingly) the "for naught" line just reeks so badly of being self-serving it boggles the mind. Spoken like a true beauty pageant contestant.

Does that qualify as a double negative?

Sure, he's not a good guy, and he has urged his listeners to kill ATF agents - a statement which he says was taken out of context, just as Ayers has said his comments stating that he doesn't regret acts of domestic terrorism were taken out of context. Of course, Liddy went to prison for his involvement role in Watergate, and, to some, has paid his debt to society, while Ayers hasn't.

Again, Obama's connection to Ayers (such as it is) is irrelevant, as is McCain's connection to Liddy (such as it is).

Sure, he's not a good guy, and he has urged his listeners to kill ATF agents - a statement which he says was taken out of context, just as Ayers has said his comments stating that he doesn't regret acts of domestic terrorism were taken out of context. Of course, Liddy went to prison for his involvement role in Watergate, and, to some, has paid his debt to society, while Ayers hasn't.

Again, Obama's connection to Ayers (such as it is) is irrelevant, as is McCain's connection to Liddy (such as it is).

Agreed, just funnin' around.