MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove League

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jhonny Nunez also going to the Sox.

He looks like a decent prospect, but I still think the Yankees got by far the better end of this deal.

By getting Nick Swisher?

By getting Nick Swisher?

Yes.

A 28 year old who has legit 30 HR power, can play all 3 outfield positions adequately and walks 100 times a year? He's not a .219 hitter, his BABIP was extremely low last year. He'll be alright, and the Yankees didn't give anything up. They might've gotten the two best players in the trade.

Yes.

A 28 year old who has legit 30 HR power, can play all 3 outfield positions adequately and walks 100 times a year? He's not a .219 hitter, his BABIP was extremely low last year. He'll be alright, and the Yankees didn't give anything up. They might've gotten the two best players in the trade.

Swisher blows.

Swisher is due for a rebound season. His BABIP was really low this year.

I don't think he's a plus defender in CF though--more like average.

Ok, an average defensive center fielder is pretty valuable, given everything else he can do, isn't it?

Former Razorback Cliff Lee wins the AL Cy Young.

:dancing

The only real bright light on last season. Now let's see what the Indians can do this off-season. The question is, do we keep Shoppach and Martinez at C? Shoppach has done amazing filling in, and his bat was red hot. We could keep both, put Martinez in at DH or keep him at C on Shoppach off days, but it would be interesting to see if GM Shapiro will offer Martinez up.

Does Kenny Williams have a plan with his team, or does he kind of just go by the seat of his pants?

This is potentially a really good trade for the Sox. Textbook Kenny Williams. Swisher is owed 21 million dollars and doesn't have a position on the White Sox. He's not an every day center fielder. His best position is probably 1st base, and that's not open. He's a better corner outfielder, but he's not going to start there either. For this team, it doesn't make sense, not at that kind of money, regardless of the potential "bounce back" season. If Williams had known what Quentin would do, he likely woudn't have traded for Swisher in the first place. Marquez could be a perfect U.S. Cellular pitcher, a sinkerballer in a home run park. Betemit gives them depth at problematic third base. Honestly, I like the trade a lot for the White Sox.

:dancing

The only real bright light on last season. Now let's see what the Indians can do this off-season. The question is, do we keep Shoppach and Martinez at C? Shoppach has done amazing filling in, and his bat was red hot. We could keep both, put Martinez in at DH or keep him at C on Shoppach off days, but it would be interesting to see if GM Shapiro will offer Martinez up.

Whats the word in Cleveland about Matt LaPorta? Do they think he will be in the show in 2K9?

Ditto.

Something tells me it doesn't refer to Joe Morgan or Tim McCarver, though.

It might stand for "Fuckin' Joe Morgan," in which case it would be a cause for celebration.

Wow. I was sort of right. But so what if the site is disappearing? Doesn't the site name say it all?

They are hanging it up. Retiring.

It's sad. Some of the best baseball analysis on the web, and they do a damn good job of calling out bad sportswriting.