MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove League

There is still no proof that all of that book is non fiction....dont get me wrong I think Bonds is as Dirty as a south Detroit McDonalds but there is still a lack of proof

Please. There is proof. The book is not speculation. There is more evidence beyond the book, too. Perjury charges are being looked into due to Bonds lying about his use.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I look at the stats posted for Sheffield, it's hard to imagine that he doesn't get into the Hall. Those are pretty impressive -- even in this era of inflated stats. Obviously, I can't predict what impact his supposed steroid use will have. But on pure numbers, it looks like he should be in.

One glaring thing missing from his resume is an MVP. I woudl guess that it's happened plenty of times before, but who are the best players in the HOF that never won an MVP?

Also, people mentioned a few times that he's the best right handed hitter of his generation. I assume they consider Manny to be from the generation that followed his?

Sheffield not winning the MVP in 96 was the travesty of all travesties. I can't believe he only finishes 6th. That's what happens when you play for a sub .500 expansion team.

Well, maybe not so much. A lot of guys had great year. BUt he was ridiculous that year. Kevin Brown also should've won the Cy Young that year. We got jobbed because both of them are assholes.

Actually I think Bonds should have won in '96. Sheff had a better year than sixth place though. I think a good case could be made for Bonds, Sheff, Bagwell, Caminiti (the actual winner), Piazza and maybe even Ellis Burks.

Yeah, Bonds was awesome as always.

In reality, Bonds probably deserved 11 or 12 MVP awards in his career.

But he's a jerk thoug!#@!

Well, I mean yeah. But that doesn't really have anything to do with it. Mickey Mantle probably deserved 11 or 12 MVP awards, and the press loved him. They just found a new reason every year to not give it to him.

The all time greats are generally the best player in their league more often than not.

McGraw was not a total asshole. He was for integration a long time before it was popular. (He used call umps "cock-eating bastards," though.)

Did anyone mention Scott Olsen (florida pitcher) and Josh Willingham (mariners outfielder) to Nats?

Yes.

MIL RHP Salomon Torres retires:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/34282374.html

FLA RHP Henry Owens suspended 50 games for using PEDs:

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=MLB

MIN RHP Pat Neshek out for 2009 season w/ Tommy John surgery:

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=MLB