C, Yadier Molina, STL

1B, Adrian Gonzalez, SD

2B, Brandon Phillips, CIN

3B, David Wright, NYM

SS, Jimmy Rollins, PHI

OF, Carlos Beltran, NYM

OF, Nate McLouth, PIT

OF, Shane Victorino, PHI

A lot of the selections just seem random. "Here are a group of players who play in this league."

Seems like it's been like that for quite awhile now. Sure, there are always a few that are obvious choices, but for the most part, it does seems fairly random. I wonder how much clout the award actually holds anymore. Is it brought up in trade talks, even, do players relish it, etc.

The gold glove kind of becomes like the Pro Bowl in the NFL sometimes, it's like oh you have won a few gold gloves before we will give you another one

I watch the Rangers every game with my MLB extra innings package and Michael Youngs range is awful, he needs to be moved to second base, love the guy but he didnt deserve the GG at SS

Young is definitely the worst pick in the group. Not historically bad (still a long way to go before the Palmeiro GG gets topped) but pretty bad. He's a great bat for a middle infielder but his glove is nothing special.

I thought from most fielding metrics he was considered one of the two worst (along with 3 time GGer Derek Jeter?)

Pretty sure that was the Fielding Bible's findings, at least.

I thought from most fielding metrics he was considered one of the two worst (along with 3 time GGer Derek Jeter?)

Pretty sure that was the Fielding Bible's findings, at least.

Yup. The knock on both Young and Jeter is that they are very good at balls hit right to them - which keeps their fielding percentage high - but their range is so limited. And the problem with fielding stats is that fielding percentage/number of errors is the metric that many people still look at.

Someone on ESPN was making the point that the real problem with Young getting the Gold Glove is that it makes it hard to change his position. Most people seem to agree that he is a liability in the field but now it becomes hard to move him.

The Denver Post's Troy Renck writes that, barring a dramatic reversal, Matt Holliday will be traded this winter.

The Rockies have talked to the Rays about Holliday, with the names of Carl Crawford, Andy Sonnanstine and Edwin Jackson coming up as potential returns. It seems unlikely that the Rays would want to trade Crawford now, but they may not have the payroll flexibility to employ both. Other possible fits for Holliday include the Angels, Yankees, Mets, Phillies and Indians. The Rockies will focus on getting pitching in return.

And as far a Sabathia goes, I wouldn't pay him a dime until he wins a playoff game.

Young might not even be the Rangers SS in 2010, they have a kid named Elvis Andrus in the minors who has much better range and a much better arm, if they dont trade him for some pitching or in some dumb move Andrus will be ready in 2010, he made a lot of errors last year in AA but he was like 19

Sonnanstine or Edwin Jackson will be traded cuz David Price is obviously ready to be the 5th starter

Man, the Marlins system went from very weak to very strong in a very short time period.

They probably have 2 top 15 hitting prospects, 3 top 50 hitters, and 6 top 100 guys. With a bunch of really strong prospects who would be higher ranked if we were the Yankees, Cubs or Red Sox.

He's still only pitched 8 postseason games. Not much to work with there. For example, as dominant as he was in the regular season, here were his stats after his first 8 starts of this past season:

2-5, 6.55 ERA, 47/20 K/BB

That didn't stop him from finishing the year 17-10, 2.70, 251/59

True, he started slow in the regular season and ended great, but that doesn't change the fact that he can't win in the post season. I felt bad for him to pitch the last 3 games this year on 3 days rest, but that shouldn't be an excuse. Plenty of great post season pitchers pitch on 3 days rest and win.

Post season stats:

Year Round Tm Opp WLser G GS ERA W L SV CG IP H ER BB SO

+------+-----+---+---+-----+---+---+------+--+--+--+--+-----+---+---+---+---+

2001 ALDS CLE SEA L 1 1 3.00 1 0 0 0 6 6 2 5 5

2007 ALDS CLE NYY W 1 1 5.40 1 0 0 0 5 4 3 6 5

ALCS CLE BOS L 2 2 10.45 0 2 0 0 10.1 17 12 7 9

2008 NLDS MIL PHI L 1 1 12.27 0 1 0 0 3.2 6 5 4 5

+------+-----+---+---+-----+---+---+------+--+--+--+--+-----+---+---+---+---+

3 Lg Div Series 1-2 3 3 6.14 2 1 0 0 14.2 16 10 15 15

4 Postseason Ser 1-3 5 5 7.92 2 3 0 0 25 33 22 22 24