• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not actually one album, but an individual solo album from each member of the band that will be released on the same day. each album will include a poster of that band member shaped like a puzzle piece, that joined w/ the other posters from the other albums...make an entire photo of the band.

Regardless, it's incredible how snide people are in here. I started a similar topic in February and got the same kind of crap. Good times.

And nine months later your curiosity is returned with more drubbing. I still insist that a forum is not a historical record but a place for conversations. I eagerly looked into your post hoping that someone who knew anything extra, that might not have felt like using the search function, would use your renewal of the conversation as a prompt to share.

Oh well, I guess no one has much new info about the album, pretty under wraps, still in the process etc.

I think I'll forget about it for at least a month and a half and maybe by then some news will emerge that everyone can really discuss. It's hard when you're eager. :dancing

Guest Speed Racer
And nine months later your curiosity is returned with more drubbing. I still insist that a forum is not a historical record but a place for conversations. I eagerly looked into your post hoping that someone who knew anything extra, that might not have felt like using the search function, would use your renewal of the conversation as a prompt to share.

I have been to many fan message boards in my time, and if my experience has taught me anything, it's that anyone with information posts as soon as they find out anything - anything. I have never, on VC or any other fan board, seen new information posted after somebody asked if there was any. People post things on VC before they show up on Pitchfork for god's sake! People post what's going on with the band's website, just in case we don't visit it! Chances are, if there isn't a thread on the first page of the board (and there were several regarding this topic), nothing new has happened since you last left.

If you think you might have missed something regarding new music, chances are (and chances are especially good at this site) that the topic has been run into the ground. The GROUND. So far down into the earth that the ViaChicago thread actually found the other side of the world. And that's why people always make snide remarks about using the search function about new music.

Jeff's eyewear? Ask. Does Glenn prefer couscous or rice? Ask. New album? Believe me, it's been covered.

what if i started a thread that said "i like Wilco?" could that be a new thread or would someone post a response with links to every other thread ever created?

-justin

Yeah I started a thread a while back about favorite Wilco lyrics and was immediately directed to several threads in the past that discussed the same thing.

Needless to say I don't post here much anymore.