• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>i think Californication definitely took a turn for the worse in the season one finale when hank's ex (can't remember her

name) left bill for hank. part of what was making that show so great was their interactions as exes.

That's absolutely spot on. Must be one of the earliest shark-jumping examples. Season one started off so strong and ended so horribly. I never thought the show could recover, but though season 2 continued to be weak, it has gotten better over the last few episodes.

I disagree with what was said earlier about Entourage - I still enjoy it as much as the 1st season. Having the gang return to NYC is going to be a good development.

That being said, Turtle hooking up with Jamie-Lynn Sigler might well turn out to be their jump-the-you-know-what moment.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Yesterday I was listening to a piece on the new movie Australia on NPR, and they interviewed a Variety(?) reporter whose quote went something like this: "the audience didn't like the fact that (spoiler left out by me)...so, spoiler alert!"

Bitch, 'spoiler alert' isn't something you say after you've given shit away, you effing Hollywood stinkcrotch.

I gave up on Heroes 3/4 of the way through last year, yet I have the last few episodes from then, as well as all from this season, dvr'd. I still haven't watched them but can neither bring myself to erase them or to sit through them. I call it "Hero Purgatory."

After loving Freaks & Geeks so much I gave Undeclared a try and felt the same way about that show as you do about Heroes... watching an episode was like doing homework. Anyway, Heroes... I'm still hanging in there, mostly on faith that Tim Kring was gonna correct the major problems with season 2 (which I think I gave you the link to: his apology. May contain spoilers, I forget.)

Goddammit.

And we even have a spoiler font on here!

it is it just me, or has law & order SVU really 'passed the dutchie from the left hand side' this season?

You mean it got better?

>That being said, Turtle hooking up with Jamie-Lynn Sigler might well turn out to be their jump-the-you-know-what moment.

It was a good episode (much better than the previous), but the Turtle-Meadow scenes, though enjoyable, were some of the worst acting since (fill in the blank).

>That being said, Turtle hooking up with Jamie-Lynn Sigler might well turn out to be their jump-the-you-know-what moment.

It was a good episode (much better than the previous), but the Turtle-Meadow scenes, though enjoyable, were some of the worst acting since (fill in the blank).

Lisa Turtle? Are we onto Saved By the Bell now?

i don't know about anybody else, but i'm a little confused about all the bad press the show is getting so far this season. personally, i'm still enjoying the hell out of it...but since ratings are down, every entertainment rag is saying the shark has been jumped.

i just read over the weekend that Jeph Loeb and Jesse Alexander were fired. WTF? firing Loeb? i just can't see that actually helping anything...i see it making things worse.

last night, again, was great. why is everybody saying something is wrong with it?!

last night, again, was great. why is everybody saying something is wrong with it?!

You're talking about Heroes, right? I bailed after season 1 and didn't watch any of season 2. After the season 3 premier, I was told I should give it another shot. I did and enjoyed the premier somewhat (though not nearly as much as the first half of season 1). I watched a few eps after that, but now have 4 or so eps on my DVR that I have little motivation to watch. Should I just give up and delete them or is it worth my while to watch them?

There was something wrong with season 2, you've gotta agree on that much. This season started out a lil ridiculous, like they took on too much, but I've liked the last few weeks a lot -- as much as the first season. I have last night's in the dvr!

season 2's main problem was that it was cut off at the knees due t the strike and you had little payoff for everything they were setting up. one could argue that is almost too much payoff every episode in this season...me, i'm lovin' it. i thinki t actually has even more of a comic book feel to it and maybe that's why it is turnign some people off. who knows.

I'm loving True Blood. I played sick from work yesterday & watched episodes 5-11.

(Six Feet Under was amazing til the end, the final episode wrapped everything up so perfectly.)

Californication season 1 was great.