• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you are trying to say..."True Blood" has become horrible so quickly that I've stopped watching. Just stopped watching "Entourage" and "Californication" as well. The same thing happened in the past with "Six Feet Under" which started amazingly well, but became so bleak by about season 3 or 4 that I had to stop watching. I'm of the opinion that there has to be SOME redemption to at least one of the characters in a show to keep watching.

I'm still with "Lost."

I think True Blood has gotten better over the past couple weeks. But Californication, yeah, it seems like they don't know where to go with that one, so they just have him get laid every week, yet we see less boobies than the first season.

I think True Blood has gotten better over the past couple weeks. But Californication, yeah, it seems like they don't know where to go with that one, so they just have him get laid every week, yet we see less boobies than the first season.

I am watching the first season of Californication.

Less boobies? Maybe process addiction treatment is working for Duchovny.

I am watching the first season of Californication.

Less boobies? Maybe process addiction treatment is working for Duchovny.

The first season is a great ride. Watching the second, I feel like they didn't expect to be picked up again. No game plan.

i was asked this in another thread, why would someone enter a thread they have ancillary interest in and write some asshole remark like the one above? i wrote back with an honest answer and have tried be a bit more intentional about my posts here. i know what jump the shark means and your response had nothing to do with my original post. just being an asshole. it's not necessary.

Not to pile on (or be an a-hole, seriously) but viewers cannot 'jump the shark.' Shows 'jump the shark' when their quality declines to a definable point of awfulness.

i was asked this in another thread, why would someone enter a thread they have ancillary interest in and write some asshole remark like the one above? i wrote back with an honest answer and have tried be a bit more intentional about my posts here. i know what jump the shark means and your response had nothing to do with my original post. just being an asshole. it's not necessary.

Your usage of "jump the shark" suggests that you do not, in fact, know what it means.

i think you've jumped the shark with this!

who cares how it is used. Jesus Christ! this thread may be the best of the day, but damn it's like the playground in 2nd grade when some kid doesn't now what the middle finger means and the rest of the kids give 'em shit about it all day. the punchline is that nobody knows what the finger means. just like anyone can use the god damned phrase 'jump the shark' any way just to make a point. Damn people.

it never ceases to amaze me how people just project their shadows on the web. face to face would probably be a different story.

As you wish.