I like the Riches. I just saw it's not coming back :(

I liked the parts of The Riches that stuck with the concept. And I liked most of the actors. It seemed like a lot of time was spent wrapping the characters up in impossible situations, though. They never really got to just live the life.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Must be one of the earliest shark-jumping examples.

No...that would be MY OWN WORST ENEMY. Jumped the shark 15 minutes into the first episode.

my bad. that was so un-me to throw that out there like that. sorry.

So last night I get to the episode where Hank and Karen do it, and I'm not surprised. :rolleyes

:lol

I rarely watch series when they are actually on so I'm used to knowing plot lines before I see them.

(Six Feet Under was amazing til the end, the final episode wrapped everything up so perfectly.)

the final episode was pretty good, i suppose.

it was the third to last episode that absolutely pissed me off...

Nate just dies? Just like that? Horseshit. I think I misunderstood the theme of the show perhaps, but Nate's search for meaning in life was epic and there was no payoff. Although George's speech about Nate at his funeral was pretty amazing

So last night I get to the episode where Hank and Karen do it, and I'm not surprised. :rolleyes

i learned how to use the spoiler font just for you. :) i just can't believe i did that. so against all my years of preaching against that sort of shit...

the final episode was pretty good, i suppose.

it was the third to last episode that absolutely pissed me off...

Nate just dies? Just like that? Horseshit. I think I misunderstood the theme of the show perhaps, but Nate's search for meaning in life was epic and there was no payoff. Although George's speech about Nate at his funeral was pretty amazing

I know where you're coming from, but I disagree wholeheartedly.

"Nate just dies? Just like that? Horseshit." I could say the same thing about many of my loved ones.

I know where you're coming from, but I disagree wholeheartedly.

"Nate just dies? Just like that? Horseshit." I could say the same thing about many of my loved ones.

that's what i mean when i say i think i missed the point. we just die, i understand. i just really wanted nate to find what he was looking for. but he just died.

that's what i mean when i say i think i missed the point. we just die, i understand. i just really wanted nate to find what he was looking for. but he just died.

Just to be clear - I never meant to imply that you didn't understand it (and I'm not saying you're saying I implied that --- ahh, the web), but that was actually what I loved about it. The only letdown for me was the final episode, which had been hyped greatly by friends who saw it before me, rendering it kinda meh in my book. The show gave us as many answers as it could - showing when everyone dies. It couldn't show us after. I guess I like the lack of overreaching.

Just to be clear - I never meant to imply that you didn't understand it (and I'm not saying you're saying I implied that --- ahh, the web), but that was actually what I loved about it. The only letdown for me was the final episode, which had been hyped greatly by friends who saw it before me, rendering it kinda meh in my book. The show gave us as many answers as it could - showing when everyone dies. It couldn't show us after. I guess I like the lack of overreaching.

so basically, you're calling me a dumbass? :D

i've never been able to really stress exactly what i mean when i have this conversation with people. almost everyone has shared your opinion. i guess all i can really say is that i loved the show until

nate died

, and then it was basically ruined for me. i don't think i could ever go back and rewatch the show knowing that will happen.

If you think thats bad, wait until you see when

Omar dies in The Wire

!

i wish you would have referenced the show before you did that, as it spoiled it for me, even though it was in the spoiler font.

Sorry. In the Wizard of Oz,

Verbal is Keyser Soze

Also, the show Newhart was just a dream that Bob Newhart in The Bob Newhart Show had.

Just what exactly is the statute of limitations on spoilers?

Jay Davidson in the Crying Game...safe to refer to or not?

Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense...safe to refer to or not?

John Hurt in Alien...safe to refer to or not?

Tim Robbins in Mystic River...safe to refer to or not?

I say that if it happened in a movie...once it hits the video store and cable tv...it's fair game.

For TV...once two weeks have passed...fair game.

This is the wild and wooly internets...Al Gore didn't create it so we would have to use the stupid spoiler space for something that happened on a cable network show a year after it aired.