Want to book your favorite artist!?

http://www.concertideas.com/search.php

Wilco is only $50,000...

Green Day $500,000!!!!!!!

Looking at the list the Eels are a bargin!

$7-10k!

I tried to get my college to book Wilco. I remember it was a steal. They went with some flavor of the week like 3 Doors Down that cost a lot more.

I tried to get my college to book Wilco. I remember it was a steal. They went with some flavor of the week like 3 Doors Down that cost a lot more.

My college booked Wilco the year after I left :dontgetit

I did get them to book Guster. Which is I think the only concert we made money on! We had a good run though but barley made any money. We had Jon Stewart, Dave Chappel, Live, George Clinton, KRS One..also had a lot of crap Everclear, Everlast.....I did what ever I can to get semi decent artist but when you are voting with 15 not so musically inclined college students it was an exercise in futility!

i believe Wilco is closer to $75-100k these days...

just like 2-3 years ago, Ben Kweller's guarantee was only $500... we were tempted to book him to play our house a few times ;)

edit: yeah, that site says Wilco is $50,000+ (note the plus)

YO LA TENGO $15,000++

CITIZEN COPE $20,000+

SPOON $20-30,000+

MY MORNING JACKET $40,000+

BELA FLECK AND THE FLECKTONES $30,000+

PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES $15,000+

Looks like a trip to the student activities board at my college is in order.

And for the "WTF?!" factor:

PANIC! AT THE DISCO $150,000+

The latter two have come to Grinnell and both were solid shows. Yo La Tengo came here the year before I got here :realmad But we've been trying to get them back again.

Wilco came in '99.

I cought yo la tengo at cornell (I lived 20 minutes away in high school) and it was amazing. Guitar freakouts abound, throwing it in the air, epic nuclear war, sonic noise wars...

...oh they also played Mr. Tough

Back in '02 my friend in SC got the David Nelson Band to play at his bar. VERY reasonable, price-wise.

The latter two have come to Grinnell and both were solid shows. Yo La Tengo came here the year before I got here :realmad But we've been trying to get them back again.

Wilco came in '99.

Does Grinnell still make their concerts free to the public? Mingus Big Band was great about 8 years ago and now I see you've got Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra coming. Also some band called Fucked Up.

DEL THE FUNKY HOMOSAPIEN $10-15,000

That's a lot of dough to hear Mister Dobalina and 15 songs you've never heard of.

And from the WTF files....

HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS $100,000

If I heard Dobalina, Clint Eastwood, then all of Deltron 3030, I'd be in heaven. I'd love to hear that album live. But, I'd demand he not play anything from I Wish my Brother George Was Here or the 11th hour, or anything else for that matter. I could do with some of the Both Sides... songs.