NEW Info about Tweedy solo at Vic

Just went out to make a request for the Saturday show and here is a listing of the top ten requests for that night...

Top Ten Requests for 2009-02-14 Chicago, IL - The Vic Theatre

Impossible Germany

I got you (at the end of the century)

Jesus, Etc.

Via Chicago

You Are My Face

Blood of the Lamb

Candy Floss

Either Way

Far, Far Away

Handshake Drugs

I hope everybody has a great time tonight for the Friday the 13th show! My girl and I will be there for Valentines Day. It's an expensive V-Day for me this year. Since we're traveling to the show tomorrow, I had to buy flowers today (don't forget the flowers indeed!). And if all goes according to plan I'll be buying her one of these for dessert tomorrow too:

chicagodinerchocbrownsttk9.jpg

This will be my 10th Wilco/Jeff Tweedy show! 5 in Chicago, 2 Detroit, 1 London Ontario, 1 Toronto, 1 Austin Texas. And every single one of them was great!

Just went out to make a request for the Saturday show and here is a listing of the top ten requests for that night...

Top Ten Requests for 2009-02-14 Chicago, IL - The Vic Theatre

Impossible Germany

I got you (at the end of the century)

Jesus, Etc.

Via Chicago

You Are My Face

Blood of the Lamb

Candy Floss

Either Way

Far, Far Away

Handshake Drugs

see you there!!!

--allison

Wahooooo... looking forward to tonight! Our babysitter backed out BUT my loving wife is letting me go... If anyone out there is looking for a last minute ticket, I posted in the extra ticket area...

Here's some hopes and dreams...

The Ruling Class

Feed of Man

Far Far Away

Summerteeth

All the new material

Did I mention Wahooo?

Where should I eat tonight before the show? I want to be able to get in line about an hour early, so I can try to get some good seats in the Baclony, too. I'm in from MPLS - any advice for me and the lady (food nearby that we can jump in line right away?)

NN

The Chicago Diner is maybe 10 or 15 minutes walk from there (3411 N. Halsted Street). Great place if you like vegetarian and vegan food. Here's their site: http://www.veggiediner.com/

The Chicago Diner is maybe 10 or 15 minutes walk from there (3411 N. Halsted Street). Great place if you like vegetarian and vegan food. Here's their site: http://www.veggiediner.com/

Pompeii is not too far from there, 2955 N Sheffield... good italian

and there is a mexica place nearby on the corner that is bueno

and cafe furaibo at 2907 n lincoln has good sushi

Wiener's Circle is still closed for health code violations, I believe... :stunned

Your closest dog is Murphy's, it's two or three blocks west of the Vic on Belmont.

I'd recommend Philly's, it's about a block east of the Vic and they do a decent philly cheesesteak. You can also get deep dish by the slice.

Guest Gym Teacher Man
Over the Weiner's Circle? Get back honky cat

i have no interest in weiner's circle. at all. i guess it's cool that they're rude but the food pales in comparison.

the weiner's circle is open these days but was closed recently due to health violations.

Coopers (west of Racine on Belmont) for the best barfood and bottled beer in the city. Seriously.

Everyone have a ball tonight! hugs/kisses to Sue and Jeff for great charity work yet again.

i have no interest in weiner's circle. at all. i guess it's cool that they're rude but the food pales in comparison.

the weiner's circle is open these days but was closed recently due to health violations.

All true but that just make the encased meats all the more... um.. gooder.

I would save the money on dinner an head over to Dennis's for some arecade hits

Thank you very much for this! I am going with my girlfriend to the show tomorrow, and I will take her there. She's a vegetarian.

Phil

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone...

Pompei was AWFUL! Should've listened to Edie - as usual!

THE SHOW, however, WAS AMAZING

Sorry the food wasn't good, but the show was incroyable! Another one tomnorrow!