R.I.P. Lux Interior of The Cramps

That sucks. I was introduced to The Cramps by a slightly older dude I was madly in love with when I was about 14 or 15. They were amazing.

thanks for posting this! I got to see them at 328 Performance Hall in Nashville in 94 or 95. they rocked the fucking house! this blows in all sorts of ways.

Seriously? (I mean the face licking, the death is not a complete shock).

yeah. It was an anti Courtney Cox moment.

Got pulled up on stage to be a go-go dancer in 1983 or 84 at the Masonic Temple. Face licking and the fishnet destruction happened over a couple songs.

The Goo-Goo Muck is dead, long live the Goo-goo Muck!

good article and I get a passing mention:

http://www.chartattack.com/news/65873/lux-interior-was-cool

Lux Interior Was Cool: 24 Reasons

02/04/09 11:09pm

by Steve McLean (CHARTattack)

2 comments

Cramps frontman Lux Interior passed away at 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning from a heart condition at Glendale Memorial Hospital in Glendale, Calif.

Rather than dwell on the passing of this 60-year-old man, we here at CHARTattack want to celebrate the highlights of his life. Without further ado, here are two dozen reasons why Lux Interior was cool:

1. His birth name was Erick Lee Purkhiser, but the automobile buff adopted the name Lux Interior from a car advertisement.

2. He was a childhood fan of horror comic books and bad movies, but especially of Ghoulardi

16. Interior and Rorschach's unique sense of style was also reflected in their home decor. I saw a great photo spread of their place in a magazine years ago, but can't remember which one.
There's a shot of them hanging with their records and assorted goodies (Jayne Mansfield hot water bottle, for one) in Re/Search (Along with epic interview.) I can scan the stuff if anyone is really interested.

Just popping in here to say that I'm working on the scan thing. It's sloooow going. :ohwell

20+ pages, scanned and zipped to .PDF is what I'm aiming for. Trust me, it's so worth the wait, really is a great interview.

I saw Rhett Miller last night and he did a cover of the Cramps' "TV Set" dedicated to Lux. I never would have imagined him pulling that off solo, but it was great.

Wow, I would like to have seen that.

I went out and purchased Psychedelic Jungle and Gravest Hits. I really wanted to replace Bad Music for Bad People, but the didn't have it. man, this shit rocks!