Brett Favre retires again

Favre is a great enough player to get his own thread IMO.

He's also a great enough player to get to decide if he wants to retire or un-retire as many times as he wishes.

Should I paste your faces over Maddens in that picture? ;)

I may regret saying this...but there is no way Brett Favre will play football in the NFL again.

He called it quits in week 12 this season. He is a future hall of famer, but his best year's are behind him.

You could probably paste my face over Madden's, and even I'll admit he should hang it up. I'll miss seeing him play though. Even when he wasn't hot he was still great to watch.

You could probably paste my face over Madden's, and even I'll admit he should hang it up. I'll miss seeing him play though. Even when he wasn't hot he was still great to watch.

I know, I'm just jerking people's chains. Favre will go down as one of the best, if not the best football player in the history of the game, and he deserves every bit of praise he receives.. His indecisiveness about retiring will eventually be forgotten..

That's some serious 3-MVPs-in-a-row denial you've got going on there...

Oh, absolutely. I won't deny that I'm definitely biased. That said, looking at it now, that was probably the point in his career where he was the best quarterback in the NFL, but mostly because Marino was getting old and Manning wasn't there yet. Pretty much from Manning's second year, he replace Favre.

So Favre had a 4-5 year run as the best qb in the league.

And Favre winning the MVP over Barry Sanders' 2000 yard season was some ol' bullshit.

Looking back, do you think Green Bay did the right thing?

I don't think so. Again, I'm totally biased. I think it was absolute crap to not have him back after he brought them to the championship the year before.

And there's no doubt in my mind that he was the best quarterback ever. Not just records wise, which he holds most of, but that gunslinger showmanship. He's a character.

I don't think so. Again, I'm totally biased. I think it was absolute crap to not have him back after he brought them to the championship the year before.

And there's no doubt in my mind that he was the best quarterback ever. Not just records wise, which he holds most of, but that gunslinger showmanship. He's a character.

But isnt Green Bay much better off now with Rodgers getting real experience and Favre basically fizziling out late in the last season and again retiring this season?

If Favre played for Green Bay, i think Green Bay is weaker coming into this next season having a new QB.

But isnt Green Bay much better off now with Rodgers getting real experience and Favre basically fizziling out late in the last season and again retiring this season?

If Favre played for Green Bay, i think Green Bay is weaker coming into this next season having a new QB.

You may be right. Are you saying you think Rodgers would have left if they brought back Favre? My opinion gets clouded by my love of the guy. I didn't think Rodgers did a very good job this season, in fact I thought what the team lacked the most was a solid leader.

I see a few posts of hatred for Favre. He didn't play on the Yankees! Jeez!

You may be right. Are you saying you think Rodgers would have left if they brought back Favre? My opinion gets clouded by my love of the guy. I didn't think Rodgers did a very good job this season, in fact I thought what the team lacked the most was a solid leader.

I see a few posts of hatred for Favre. He didn't play on the Yankees! Jeez!

Him leaving was a possibility, but more so, he wouldnt have gotten that year of experience and team building going into this next season.

Basically Favre playing would most likely have put Green Bay in a worse position for the sake of him playing another year. I guess it depends if you think it that wouldve been worth it. As a non-Favre fan, I say its not worth it. But I can see how big Favre fans wouldnt care about it.

I didn't think Rodgers did a very good job this season, in fact I thought what the team lacked the most was a solid leader.

Really? He was like 7th in the league (or higher) in most passing stats. What the team lacked was any sort of pass rush and, for the first 8 games or so, a running attack. He's not glamorous, but he had a very solid first season as a starter.

Edit: I called it his rookie season earlier. That was obviously not the case.

Really? He was like 7th in the league (or higher) in most passing stats. What the team lacked was any sort of pass rush and, for the first 8 games or so, a running attack. He's not glamorous, but he had a very solid rookie season.

You know, its total Favre blindness. I just looked at his stats and he had a damn good year. On any other team, following any other quarterback I'd be talking him up. The Favre Kool-Aid made me miss it.

Having given Rodgers his propers, I still wish it had been Favre in a packer jersey last season. I think they call it hysterical blindness.