Faith no More announce reunion

They went in a different direction without him though, that I don't think was as successful. I still love King For A Day, though.

they went in a different direction when he was still in the band. Angel Dust was unlike anything they had done before.

their manager talked about this in more detail last week and stated that it was ONLY going to happen in Europe and to not expect a US Tour

that said, if Lolla offers then the right amount of $$, you can guarantee they'll play there

they went in a different direction when he was still in the band. Angel Dust was unlike anything they had done before.

Sure, Angel Dust was a great departure from their previous material, and an incredibly successful one. But then there was another shift when JM left which wasn't as successful, IMO.

their manager talked about this in more detail last week and stated that it was ONLY going to happen in Europe and to not expect a US Tour

that said, if Lolla offers then the right amount of $$, you can guarantee they'll play there

playing Europe makes more sense for them than playing here, as they were huge over there and they've got be looking at an aweome payday for this reunion. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do Australia and Brazil as well, and still do nothing here.

Does this mean imperial Teen is no more?

I lost track of FNM after Angel Dust as well. I would be a little worried about them without Jim Martin because I think he pushed them farther into the heavy rock category where I think they were best. A song like "Midlife Crisis" worked well with that heavy guitar "Your perfect yes it's true..." part.

as someone who stuck with them til the end, I think Martin was happier sticking with that "We Care A Lot" sound, than moving forward. if anyone pushed the band into heavier rock, it was Patton. he took a joke and turned it into something great.

I still remember the first time I saw the video for "Out of Nowhere" on 120 Minutes when I was in 10th grade. I immediately thought, Wow that doesn't sound like anything else I listen to, but damn I really, really like it. I still have that video on a VHS tape of videos that I recorded off of MTV.

as someone who stuck with them til the end, I think Martin was happier sticking with that "We Care A Lot" sound, than moving forward. if anyone pushed the band into heavier rock, it was Patton. he took a joke and turned it into something great.

I think I agree with this. Patton really made the band more than Martin. I just heard they would record the songs and then Martin would drink some beer and put his parts on and heavy them up. Like any good band, the sum is more than the parts but I do love Mr. Bungle as well.

• 3 months later...

From Rolling Stone.com:

Faith No More Roar Back to Life at London Reunion Show

6/11/09, 11:42 am EST

Last night at London’s jam-packed Brixton Academy a slice of metal history was revisited, and a new chapter began. Mike Patton, Roddy Bottum, Billy Gould, Mike “Puffy” Bordin and Album of the Year-era guitarist Jon Hudson (stepping in once again for Jim Martin) returned to the stage after 11 years as Faith No More.

In front of a David Lynch-inspired red draped backdrop, the quintet emerged in Zoot Suits (Patton’s peach, Bottum’s appropriately pink, Gould’s cream and Hudson in blue — only Puffy was let off the hook behind his kit in standard attire), and wedding-like buttonhole carnations, playing an unlikely but appropriate tune: Peaches & Herb’s soul classic “Reunited.” When Patton and Bottom finished their duet, there were genuine smiles from the stage of both relief and pleasure.

From the start Patton the auteur commanded the stage, and it became clear that his post-FNM musical adventures have added new dimensions to the band’s songs. Patton, in slicked-back hair, switched between easy listening and screams with ease, and his stage mannerisms swung from Messiah-like iconography during “I Started A Joke” to crazed epileptic tantrums in “The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies,” and he wasn’t afraid to play the role of refined classic ’50s gentleman. Chants of “you fat bastard” elicited the response, “You say it now and it’s true!” while patting his (clearly not) big stomach. “How about something fat with a ‘ph’?” he began before the swish of “Evidence” began.

The volume was loud and the crowd response deafening, and while the set wasn’t faultless — the sturdy “Jizzlobber” went slightly wobbly at the end — the quintet avoided an obvious nostalgic greatest-hits set.

A gracious “Easy” arrived early on, and the sonic battery began in earnest with an explosive “Surprise! You’re Dead,” anchored by Bordin and Gould’s spotless rhythms. Patton’s love of noise experimentation took center stage during a “Cuckoo For Caca” that was so overwhelming, it left ears nearly bleeding.

With a humble “It’s been very nice to see you, thank you and good night,” Faith No More made their exit, returning with Vangelis’ “Chariots Of Fire” and “Stripsearch” for the first of two encores. They capped the night with “I Started A Joke” and left for good after “Pristina.” It was a mix that accentuated the band’s glorious eccentricity: Faith No More were always left-field, yet inadvertently created some awesome songs with mass appeal. Last night was about a band rediscovering their special chemistry, and proving good music only improves with age.

Set List:

“Reunited” (Peaches & Herb cover)

“The Real Thing”

“From Out of Nowhere”

“Land of Sunshine”

“Caffeine”

“Evidence”

“Chinese Arithmetic”

“Surprise! You’re Dead!”

“Easy”

“Last Cup of Sorrow”

“Midlife Crisis”

“Cuckoo For Caca”

“The Gentle Art of Making Enemies”

“RV”

“King For a Day”

“Malpractice”

“Jizzlobber”

“Be Aggressive”

“Epic”

“Mark Bowen”

Encore 1

“Chariots of Fire”/”Stripsearch”

“Just A Man”

Encore 2

“I Started a Joke”

“Pristina”

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73467

Someone posted the video of their 6.12.09 show over at the Traders Den. The youtube clip looks pretty good.

FAITH NO MORE - Download Festival, Donington Park, UK - 12.June.2009 - 92 Mins

Setlist:

1. Reunited

2. The Real Thing

3. From Out Of Nowhere

4. Land of Sunshine

5. caffeine

6. Evidence

7. Poker Face / Chinese Arithmetic

8. surprise You’re Dead

9. Easy

10. Last Cup Of Sorrow

11. Midlife Crisis

12. Introduce Yourself

13. Gentle Art of Making Enemies

14. Take This Bottle

15. Ashes To Ashes

16. Malpractice

17. Cuckoo For Caca

18. Be Aggressive

19. Epic

20. Mark Bowen

Encore

21. Chariots Of Fire / Stripsearch

22. we Care A Lot

Videosample:

Notes:

What a great feeling capturing this great band after 11 years of absence.

A Band like a good wine, maturing and tasting better with time.

Seriously download listeners didn't know what hit them. Bands like korn, limp bizkit & other "extreme bands" sounded

nothing like the mighty FNM. It was time for the kings to be on stage once more.

A HD cam was used to capture this performance and later the webcast DSBD audio was added.

There is a 5.1 audio stream using both the DSBD and the cam audio to give a more "live" feeling to the watching experience.

The HD master file was downconverted to SD DVD version as the intention of this release was to be accessible to as many people

as possible.

The HD/Blu-Ray Master files can be given to people who will hit the record button and film this awesome band.

Enjoy!

I agree. Their last 3 albums from Angel Dust to Album Of The Year are their finest work. That youtube clip was brilliant as well. I am gonna see them in August.