I am studying in New Zealand this semester.

If you are from New Zealand, what or where should I go?

I'm not from NZ, but I recently took a trip there - where to go depends on which island you are on - North or South? We were on the south island and really enjoyed hiking on Franz Josef glacier, hiking around Mt. Cook, Milford Sound, checking out the penguins in Omaru, and bungy jumping near Queenstown (I did the Kawarau Bridge jump). You can stay in Holiday Parks for around $15-20 a night (we were tent camping - they have kitchens, bathrooms and showers) or camp on government land for $5 (no facilities).

If you are on the north island I can't help you!

I am studying in New Zealand this semester. So far it has been great. I know people like to live vicariously through other peoples pictures, (I do at least). So in that vein, here are some pictures that I have up loaded. http://www.flickr.com/photos/30109343@N03/ enjoy.

If you are from New Zealand, what or where should I go?

Hey, I'll be studying there next semester! Where abouts are you? I'll be in Auckland..plan on traveling as much as possible though. Let us know which places qualify as "must see's"!

Oh, as of now this is near the top of my list of places to go: New Zealand town attempting to create first "starlight reserve"

Te Anau, in Fiordland, had probably the most jaw-dropping night sky I've ever seen.

I spent a few weeks on the north and south islands last March and April. Fiordland is a must - Doubtful Sound is the more remote of the sounds, and I highly recommend finding a way out there. (And we bungy jumped from Kawarau bridge in Queenstown too!)

I am at University of Canterbury, in Christchurch, (that is the south island).

I have been on parts of the path to Mordor, but mostly it was filmed in a parking lot in Auckland.

It was warm yesterday, but today it is raining.

The doughnut is in Springfield, so the Simpsons Movie gave them one.

Thanks for all the travel tips.

I will keep you up to date when new pictures are added.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like you're off to a good start, ticking-off Milford Sound early on.

If you head up to the North Island, be sure to stop by Wellington for some urban sophistication. Further North, The Coromandel Peninsula and Bay of Islands have the most stunning beaches around.

This website might give you some ideas:

http://www.aatravel.co.nz/101/index.php?se...AdvanceSearch=1

Hope it all goes well for you.