• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's about halfway through, thought I'd see how I'm doing on my preseason picks right now.

AL East

New York

Boston

Tampa Bay

Orioles

Toronto

AL Central

Cleveland

Minnesota

Detroit

Chicago

Kansas City

AL West

Los Angeles

Oakland

Texas

Seattle

AL MVP: Grady Sizemore, Cleveland Not looking so good

AL Cy Young: CC Sabathia, New York Not so much. Hasn't been terrible, but I didn't expect that park to play like Coors

AL Rookie of the Year: Travis Snider, Toronto Nope.

NL East

Philadelphia

New York

Florida

Atlanta

Washington

NL Central

Chicago

St. Louis

Milwaukee

Cincinnati

Houston

Pittsburgh

NL West

Los Angeles

San Francisco

Arizona

Colorado

San Diego

NL MVP: Albert Pujols, St. Louis Seems pretty safe to say this one was a good call

NL Cy Young: Brandon Webb, Arizona Not so much

NL Rookie of the Year: Cameron Maybin, Florida Even less so

Not looking amazing so far, though I do take pride in getting my own division mostly right so far.

For all-around game, gimme a no-no and 2 dingers vs. Big Red Machine.

Later that year I saw Wise retire 32 Cubs in a row and drive in the winning run in the 12th. (Note - they had The Bull bunt Montanez to third in the 12th).

Paul konerko had himself a pretty good game tonight.

Oh dear. Tribe radio guys were saying sunday the Indians need to go 5-1 vs. chisox and Tigers this week to get back into it. Guess that's 5-0 now.

Oh dear. Tribe radio guys were saying sunday the Indians need to go 5-1 vs. chisox and Tigers this week to get back into it. Guess that's 5-0 now.

apparently you guys are shopping v-mart, and we asked about him.

What's up with Grady this year? I know he was hurting, but he played 60 games. Is it just the afteraffects?

Since it's about halfway through, thought I'd see how I'm doing on my preseason picks right now.

I'm not looking so great.

AL East

Yankees

Red Sox

Rays

Blue Jays

Orioles

AL Central

Indians

Twins

Tigers

Royals

White Sox

AL West

A's

Angels

Mariners

Rangers

NL East

Phillies

Marlins

Mets

Braves

Nationals

AL Central

Cubs

Brewers

Cardinals

Reds

Astros

Pirates

NL West

Dodgers

Diamondbacks

Giants

Rockies

Padres

Not sure if I didn't make award predictions, or if I just can't find them.

apparently you guys are shopping v-mart, and we asked about him.

What's up with Grady this year? I know he was hurting, but he played 60 games. Is it just the afteraffects?

He did have two home runs tonight.

Paul konerko had himself a pretty good game tonight.

Rumors going around the White Sox are shopping Dotel, but then they pick up reliever Tony Pena from D'backs. I take it the Sox are buyers, not sellers - for now? Interesting to see a team 2.5 back, but 2 over .500 acquiring pitching, yet the top clubs claim the asking prices are too high.

Rumors going around the White Sox are shopping Dotel, but then they pick up reliever Tony Pena from D'backs. I take it the Sox are buyers, not sellers - for now? Interesting to see a team 2.5 back, but 2 over .500 acquiring pitching, yet the top clubs claim the asking prices are too high.

the marginal gains of picking up a Tony pena are greater for a team on the cusp than a team already doing well. You have more to gain by being just a little bit better.

Guest Jules

They also might land Halladay.

I've never seen a team meltdown like the dbacks did last night.

They were up 7-0 at one point. We cut it to 7-3 with the bases loaded and no outs (just as we did the previous inning without scoring). They bring in a lefty to face Ross gload, a lefty. He blindly hacks at a slider out of the zone and grounds into a fielders choice that scored the run.

The dbacks then leave in the lefty to face the rhb pinch hitter who absolutely crushed lefties and can't hit rhp, even though they had a rhp warmed up.

Our guy hits a homer, and now it's tied. We then proceed to hit nubbers and bloops for 7 more runs efore another out is record. I think they had 1 wild pitch, 2 errors and another 2 that shouldve been errors in that inning. It was embarressing to watch.

Jays would insist on Beckham.

I'm not sure that's true. The White Sox have a few good prospects after a long drought. There's Tyler Flowers (obtained in the Javy Vazquez deal), a 23 year-old catcher who is mashing in AA, Aaron Poreda (recently called up), Jordan Danks (John's younger brother) who is a good CF prospect, a couple of Old Dominion pitchers drafted in 2008--Dan Hudson and Dexter Carter. I don't think a deal gets done, though.

I'm not sure that's true. The White Sox have a few good prospects after a long drought. There's Tyler Flowers (obtained in the Javy Vazquez deal), a 23 year-old catcher who is mashing in AA, Aaron Poreda (recently called up), Jordan Danks (John's younger brother) who is a good CF prospect, a couple of Old Dominion pitchers drafted in 2008--Dan Hudson and Dexter Carter. I don't think a deal gets done, though.

you aren't getting halladay without giving up your best prospect. He's got another year, they don't have to move him.