you aren't getting halladay without giving up your best prospect. He's got another year, they don't have to move him.

I'm not entirely convinced that Beckham is a better prospect than Flowers. I guess it depends on whether they each stick at their respective positions (middle infield and catcher). You might say that you have to give up your TWO best prospects and that certainly may be true as well.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not entirely convinced that Beckham is a better prospect than Flowers. I guess it depends on whether they each stick at their respective positions (middle infield and catcher). You might say that you have to give up your TWO best prospects and that certainly may be true as well.

I think the jays are going to have to be overwhelmed to make a move, and there's only a few teams that could really overwhelm them.

I mean, halladay is a lot better than sabathia, and the indians got a pretty awesome package for him.

Mets made a really bad trade.

Church for franceour?

Franceour is terrible.

For realz. I'm surprised the Braves got anyone with a pulse for him. He'd probably be released if they couldn't find a new home for him soon.

Biil Simmons:

I want to sell my HD-DVD player and Six Flags stock to Omar Minaya. Does anyone have a contact for him?

I seriously don't get the Mets thinking on that one. I mean, I know he's got "potential", but the guy is just bad. He's got no power, no plate awareness, and he's overrated defensively. At this point "average player" would be a smashing success for him.

I seriously don't get the Mets thinking on that one. I mean, I know he's got "potential", but the guy is just bad. He's got no power, no plate awareness, and he's overrated defensively. At this point "average player" would be a smashing success for him.

So basically he's the "average Met;" fits right in.

Jay Bruce had been in a slump, so Dusty Baker benched him for a few games. His first night back in the starting lineup he has to face Johan Santana. Forgetting that Bruce broke his wrist in this game, is bringing back a struggling left-handed hitter in to face the toughest left-handed pitcher in baseball the smartest thing Baker could have done?

Jay Bruce had been in a slump, so Dusty Baker benched him for a few games. His first night back in the starting lineup he has to face Johan Santana. Forgetting that Bruce broke his wrist in this game, is bringing back a struggling left-handed hitter in to face the toughest left-handed pitcher in baseball the smartest thing Baker could have done?

Baker is not a smart manager.

Mets made a really bad trade.

Church for franceour?

Franceour is terrible.

Did I miss something here? When did Ryan Church turn into Paul O'Neill?

I realize Franceour's been awful but Church hasn't been any better. Franceour's much better defensively and he's 5 years younger.

Just not that big of a deal either way. Both guys could use a change of scenery.

Did I miss something here? When did Ryan Church turn into Paul O'Neill?

I realize Franceour's been awful but Church hasn't been any better. Franceour's much better defensively and he's 5 years younger.

Just not that big of a deal either way. Both guys could use a change of scenery.

by most defensive metrics, church is a better defensive player, and he's been a far better offensive player over the course of his career. Sure, he can't hit lefties, but he's a legit .825 ops bat against rhp.

And Im pretty much convinced franceour is completely broken. I was never as high on him as some, and the reason is he just has a terrible approach at the plate. Maybe they can fix him, but I doubt it. He's overrated defensively, and his only real plus tool is his arm. He's lost the ability to hit for anything remotely resembling power or average, and wouldn't take a walk if his life depended on it. For an overly agressive, unpolished young hitter like him, the absolute worst thing that could have happened was to come out like he did in 05. Pitchers attacked him, and he made them pay by swinging at anything close. Basically since them, they know not to give him anything close, and the .716 ops he's had since that rookie season says it all. He's been one of the worst starting corner outfielders in baseball since 05, and he's still racked up 2400 plate appearances. He's cut down on strikeouts some over the last two, but at the expense of his power, and strangely his average. He's going to always be a straight hacker, and he might luck into a .290 average every few seasons, but he's pretty terrible.