Find out how progressive you are

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not doing this at the moment, but I am sure I am not as liberal as I would like to be....

LouieB

I find this comment interesting...you are what you are. You believe what you believe. So somebody puts a label on it. How somebody classifies you politically won affect your life one whit.

I have always understood that I am probably more liberal than I give myself credit for. However, I don't aspire to any particular label.

If this poll tell me I am Progressive, well that's fine and dandy. But I'm still going to go about my day.

334/400 Extremely progressive. The problem I have with it is the word progressive. I don't know if my ideas are the right ideas. They're just the ones I have. Could be that the most extremely conservative person is correct and I'm an idiot. Progressive has weird connotations, as in better. I'm sure one of the conspiracy buffs (no offense) will take this test and I'm interested to see the results. I would bet that a Ron Paul supporter would consider themselves progressive. But the results of this test will use another word for whatever those results will be.

334/400 Extremely progressive. The problem I have with it is the word progressive. I don't know if my ideas are the right ideas. They're just the ones I have. Could be that the most extremely conservative person is correct and I'm an idiot. Progressive has weird connotations, as in better. I'm sure one of the conspiracy buffs (no offense) will take this test and I'm interested to see the results. I would bet that a Ron Paul supporter would consider themselves progressive. But the results of this test will use another word for whatever those results will be.

The Center for American Progress is John Podesta's group. That's why you get that terminology. It called me "extremely conservative."

I took this a few weeks ago, too -- scored a 96/400

Does that mean you are a regressive?

The Center for American Progress is John Podesta's group. That's why you get that terminology. It called me "extremely conservative."

That's what I meant before. It doesn't say "liberal" for those that are, in fact, liberal. It calls us "progressive". Yet it calls others the same term thats always used. Progressive means we're moving forward. If, by moving forward, they mean "backwards to around 1933" they may have something. That kind of word manipulation just proves insecurity. And I'm not insecure about it.

Progressive is closer to an antonym of conservative than liberal is.

As someone who spent more than a bit of time dealing with these types of surveys, I have to say that these questions are not very neutral. One can often tell the desired outcome of a non-epirically designed 'quiz'.

It's full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Yeah, I took it to try to score a zero and wound up getting a 10. I guess I "missed" a question. They are pretty transparent.

A friend of mine found a better quiz here:

Political Spectrum Quiz

It lets you weigh the importance of each question and plots you on a full graph.

I've taken that one before. Looks like it's been slightly updated.

My Political Views

I am a far-left social libertarian

Left: 7.98, Libertarian: 3.83

4x28.gif

Yeah, I took it to try to score a zero and wound up getting a 10. I guess I "missed" a question. They are pretty transparent.

A friend of mine found a better quiz here:

Political Spectrum Quiz

It lets you weigh the importance of each question and plots you on a full graph.

This one is more balanced. I ended up in the same arena, but its far less transparently biased.